world’s cheapest smartphone, priced at just Rs 99

• Thread starter Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 21
  • Views Views: Views 2,200
Sarkar said:
When samsung sells Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 at Rs 1 nobody calls it a scam though samsung wants you to pay different fees and taxes in credit card bills along with EMIs so why we are calling new start ups like this one or freedom251 a scam ?

Because of their Credibility? If Samsung says they are giving mobiles at Rs.1 (I never heard that directly from Samsung but from certain retailers,I heard),they never gng to say that for everyone.. it will be limited stocks..

But in this case.. You have 1GB RAM/Dual Sim/Quad core processor for Rs.99.. Even Mobile phone back covers costs around Rs.100+ I don't think even Chinese companies could sell the phone at this cost.. And remember those chinese products are famous for cheap and unreliable..

So, here's what I think.. Let's say I want to buy this phone... for which I need to provide Rs.199 upfront.. with my Aaadhar number (privacy alert!!).. and I checkout with COD option... And just imagine if million does this same process..
Atlast, this small startup earned Crores of rupees without any funding.. and use that amount to generate revenue and get profit from it.. What will happen if the whole company itself a gimmick and I didn't get the phone. For me it's just 99.. but what will be the total revenue earned?

This is why I hate these things.. It will make people to loose confidence and results in doubting every startup... That's a BAD thing...

On the other note, I have problem with the mobile name as well.. "Namo"tel? Seriously? That's the great marketing strategy..!!

Because of their Credibility? If Samsung says they are giving mobiles at Rs.1 (I never heard that directly from Samsung but from certain retailers,I heard),they never gng to say that for everyone.. it will be limited stocks..

But in this case.. You have 1GB RAM/Dual Sim/Quad core processor for Rs.99.. Even Mobile phone back covers costs around Rs.100+ I don't think even Chinese companies could sell the phone at this cost.. And remember those chinese products are famous for cheap and unreliable..

So, here's what I think.. Let's say I want to buy this phone... for which I need to provide Rs.199 upfront.. with my Aaadhar number (privacy alert!!).. and I checkout with COD option... And just imagine if million does this same process..
Atlast, this small startup earned Crores of rupees without any funding.. and use that amount to generate revenue and get profit from it.. What will happen if the whole company itself a gimmick and I didn't get the phone. For me it's just 99.. but what will be the total revenue earned?

This is why I hate these things.. It will make people to loose confidence and results in doubting every startup... That's a BAD thing...

On the other note, I have problem with the mobile name as well.. "Namo"tel? Seriously? That's the great marketing strategy..!!

I was talking about this news Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1 | Zee News

Don't know whether it's possible to manufacture or not as i don't have any knowledge but I think refurbished handset can be sold at this price point and this is also limited period offer as the original price was Rs 3000.

BTW No need to start a phone company to raise money as Ponzi scheme is enough to make people fool ;)

Back
Top Bottom