Women's Day 2016: Google celebrates with #OneDayIWill video doodle

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Google has decided to celebrate International Women’s Day with a unique video doodle. The doodle features women and girls from across the globe talk about their aspirations with a sentence that completes ‘One Day I Will’.
The homepage will show the Google logo surrounded by women and the second ‘O’ has been converted into a Play button. Once you hit on play, the video starts wherein women across the globe share their aspirations.
The video shows toddlers to grandmothers from across the world, including cities such as San Francisco, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City, Lagos, Moscow, Cairo, Berlin, London, Paris, Jakarta, Bangkok, New Delhi and Tokyo.
“So we gathered our cameras and pencils and visited 13 countries where we spoke to 337 women and girls and asked them to complete the sentence, “One day I will…,” says Google’s Doodle page.
The video shows women and girls talk about varied aspirations in their local language, be it something as simple as swimming with pigs in the Bahamas to giving a voice to those who can’t speak, and just about everything in between. You will also find an Indian women from New Delhi reveal her aspirations of owning her own restaurant in the local Hindi language. It also includes Malala Yousafzai, who talks about education for women by saying ‘One Day I will.. see every girl in school’.
Google says that in most filming locations, they’ve worked with a female-only crew to help create a celebratory and encouraging environment. The creators of the video are Lydia Nichols, Helene Leroux & Liat Ben-Rafael and the original music is by Merrill Garbus (tUnE-yArDs).
You can also take a look at the behind the scenes video that Doodlers made it New Delhi below:
This isn’t the first time, Google has gone globe trotting on Women’s Day. In 2014, Google had put up a video, giving a glimpse of women and girls from different countries and ages, across the world, wishing everyone International Women’s Day in their respective languages.

Women's Day 2016: Google celebrates with #OneDayIWill video doodle Tech2 Mobile

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock