Seeking Help Windows is taking too long in Installation

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to install windows 10 on a Laptop in SSD and it is taking almost 4-5 hours on "Getting files ready for Installation" and even after that, the laptop is running too slow.
We are using a USB 3.0 Pen Drive for Installation.

Try to use another pendrive and if possible create a fresh Windows 10 installation media by using MCT.
When installing Windows, delete every partition (except partition that contains personal files and folders) that Windows has created, such as C drive, system reserved drive, and recovery partition. And then select the unallocated drive and click next, do not format, Windows will do that automatically.

Getting files ready for Installation doesn't take more than 20-30 mins even on USB 2.0 drive.
Also, check your SSD's health and if it requires trimming.

Try to use another pendrive and if possible create a fresh Windows 10 installation media by using MCT.
Tried did not work.

When installing Windows, delete every partition (except partition that contains personal files and folders) that Windows has created, such as C drive, system reserved drive, and recovery partition. And then select the unallocated drive and click next, do not format, Windows will do that automatically.
Personal data is on secondary HDD so that is not an issue but need to check what that another thing, should I delete that recovery partition and system reserved drive too before windows installation?

Getting files ready for Installation doesn't take more than 20-30 mins even on USB 2.0 drive.
Also, check your SSD's health and if it requires trimming.
SSD is brand new so I think it is also not required.

Tried did not work.

Personal data is on secondary HDD so that is not an issue but need to check what that another thing, should I delete that recovery partition and system reserved drive too before windows installation?

SSD is brand new so I think it is also not required.
Disconnect old HDD and then try installing. Yes, try to delete the recovery and system reserved drive if visible after disconnecting the HDD.

Yes you can safely delete system reserved and recovery partition. Windows will create these two partitions automatically when installing. If the recovery partition is on HDD and it actually contain some recovery files then you can skip deleting it.

However, Windows 10 creates system reserved partition, which does contain some files and recovery partition, which usually doesn't contain any files.

I've recently formatted my PC and installed Windows 10 20H2 by deleting every partition. Here's the partition that Windows created during installation.

2ZWhMDP.png

Its laptop and HDD is connected via caddy so it's difficult.
Remove the caddy then, it's definitely caddy port is causing the problem. I faced similar problem, had to remove it.

Even after installation, HDD was causing sdd to perform slow so had to return the caddy and opt for usb case for HDD.

The problem has been solved. It was the HDD caddy that was giving a problem, so removed it and using it as an external HDD via case. :ok2::ok2:

Note: The problem was on my friend's laptop, not mine. :blush2:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock