Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,512
Battery information (such as name, manufacturer, serial number) are stored in that board. I'm sure, if you replace your battery cells with LG or Samsung it'll still show Sanyo. So, it's upto the manufactures to display the name. But, for some reason they try show the original manufacturer name.

My understanding is that, as li ion cells are made by very few companies in the world like Sony, LG, Samsung, panasonic ,toshiba etc so like all companies like Lapgrade has to buy Li cell from them so they bought Li ion cells from Sanyo(aka panasonic) then made the black plastic so that it fits into laptop and circuit and sell these under Lapgade brand.
Yes, there are few companies who made Li ion cells but, there are Chinese companies who also make Li ion cells. It isn't necessary they buy from these manufacturers.

Microsoft to silence Cortana during Windows 10 setup

The video above shows what happens if you’re setting up multiple machines, with Cortana narrating the setup experience. Microsoft is now disabling the Cortana voice-over on Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education. It will still remain on the Home version of Windows 10, in a move that probably should have been the default way this rolled out in the first place.

This Cortana change will be introduced with the next major Windows 10 update, currently codenamed 19H1.

8CT66ti.png

Microsoft: Windows 10 to grab 7GB of your storage so big updates don't fail | ZDNet

--------------------------------------------------

Cumulative update (KB4480116) for Windows 10 build 17763 (v1809) is now available for download. OS Build 17763.253

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4480116/windows-10-update-kb4480116
lpWRdGx.jpg

Last edited:
I have only 120 GB total storage so If Windows does not give me an option to delete this then i am moving to Linux mint
Bro, it might be 3 GB not 7 GB. Or, it varies from device to device :unsure:

wzpj2Kn.png

Bro, it might be 3 GB not 7 GB. Or, it varies from device to device :unsure:

wzpj2Kn.png

But still that's a lot of space. Look at the amount of space Windows is taking. Page file +Hibernation+ Windows system file + Now again new extra Storage. So it's already taking 30 GB without any other 3rd party apps. Then there is user Data for us. It's disgusting.

May be HDD is cheap but it cost a lot of money for SSD so Whole system OS should not exceed 10 GB in my opinion like in Ubuntu/Fedora. Windows is too much bloated now after MSFT iclude virtual reality, Windows subsystem for linux etc codes.

@sumitroy It seems people have found a workaround to disable that extra storage

1. Press the Windows key and R simultaneously, type regedit and press Enter.
  2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ReserveManager.
  3. Double click on the ShippedWithReserves key and set its value to 0.
  4. Exit the Registry Editor.
How to disable reserved storage in Windows 10

Back
Top Bottom