Windies tour of India - 2018 | News & Updates

3.15 overs field restrictions started from 96 world cup only.so comparing with old cricket days is not good.

15 overs field restriction there from long back. (even ODI started) , i saw 1992 wc with 15 overs field restrictions.
Now last 10 yrs, lot of rules changed like PP1 PP2 PP3 etc and batting pp and bowling pp etc..etc..
Pls show me proof.i am confident that it started from 1996 world cup.sri lankan team used it well with opening pair jayasurya and kaluvitharana.

Pls show me proof.i am confident that it started from 1996 world cup.sri lankan team used it well with opening pair jayasurya and kaluvitharana.
Here you go!
By 1992, the standard rule of fielding restrictions mandated that only two fielders can be allowed outside the circle in the first 15 overs after which five fielders will be allowed outside the circle for the remaining overs.
How ODI rules have changed since the 1992 World Cup

Here you go!
By 1992, the standard rule of fielding restrictions mandated that only two fielders can be allowed outside the circle in the first 15 overs after which five fielders will be allowed outside the circle for the remaining overs.
How ODI rules have changed since the 1992 World Cup

No man, this rule there before 1992 wc. i watch 1991 Benson & hedges world series cup in australia, Srikanth, smashing the balls in the first 15 overs with field restriction.
Will check sources tomorrow and provide that one

No man, this rule there before 1992 wc. i watch 1991 Benson & hedges world series cup in australia, Srikanth, smashing the balls in the first 15 overs with field restriction.
Will check sources tomorrow and provide that one
Yes, it was there. Me too have watched Srikanth taking advantage of field restrictions well before Jaya-kalu.
This article tried to mention, the field restrictions for the first time in WC matches.

Kohli can not be compared with Sachin.
Now a days pitches are more flat, team like WI,AUS,SL have gone much weaker.
Boundaries also became less distance compare to 90s field.

Fielding restrictions evolved through the 1970s, notably in World Series Cricket,[3] and were first introduced in ODIs in 1980 in Australia. The most common rule was for only two fieldsmen to be allowed outside the circle in the first fifteen overs, then five fieldsmen allowed outside the circle for the remaining overs.

Powerplay (cricket) - Wikipedia

I think first 15 overs field restriction in australia world series only and after 1992 wc it is implemented in all ODIs. it is interesting.

- Virat Kohli needs a hundred in the third ODI to equal AB de Villiers's record of scoring hundreds in four consecutive ODI innings in India.

- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is four away from becoming the 12th Indian pacer to 100 ODI wickets. If he gets there in the next ODI, he will be the second-slowest among the twelve after Sourav Ganguly [in 308 ODIs].

Cricbuzz©

Back
Top Bottom