Williams wants more new faces

Reaction score
Swansea City defender Ashley Williams is keen to see more new faces arrive at the Liberty Stadium.

The Welsh outfit are preparing to lock horns with the cream of English football having secured promotion via the Championship play-offs last term.

Manager Brendan Rodgers has already brought in striker Danny Graham from Watford and secured the services of highly-rated young Tottenham Hotspur defender Steven Caulker on a season-long loan.

Williams feels further strength in depth is required to avoid an immediate return to the second tier and has backed Rodgers and chairman Huw Jenkins in their search for fresh blood.
The Wales international said: "We need a bit more, just to give the squad a bit more depth.

"It's a long season in the Premier League and sometimes you see teams, like Blackpool last season, who fade in the second half. We don't want to do that.

"I'm sure the board and the gaffer have got their targets and we need a bigger squad with more depth.

"The gaffer has been away but now he is back we should see a bit more activity and some new faces."

Williams has also moved to play down speculation regarding his own future and is keen to focus purely on his career with the Swans.

The 26-year-old's displays in recent times have seen him linked with Celtic, Newcastle United, Everton and West Bromwich Albion.

He added: "I take it as a compliment. I don't know anything about it myself. I am just enjoying what we did at the end of last season and my summer break.

"I don't get involved in it. I had a brilliant season last year, I'm good friends with all the boys, so I just get on with it."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2385961,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock