Will Australia be bringing out their dead in India?

Vishnu777

Reaction score
Will Australia be bringing out their death in India?

England have been banished and the next victim in India's sights is Australia. It has reached the point where even someone as positive as ex-captain Ricky Ponting says, "As long as they can find a way to be really competitive through the Test series, I don't think it will be that big a deal if Australia lose."
Australia's tour of India is looming as a repeat of that macabre scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail : "Bring out your dead."
Is it really that hard playing in India?
Well, it is if you go by the records. Amazingly, India have lost only one of their last 20 series at home , to England in 2012-13 . Before that, it was against Australia in 2004-05 that India felt the sting of defeat at home.
What makes this feat even more remarkable is that many overseas players now regularly play in the highly successful IPL tournament. In theory, overseas players should be more comfortable playing in India rather than becoming increasingly estranged. However, it seems that lessons learned playing T20 bear no relationship to performing in the Test arena. It could also be that Indian teams these days are stronger than those of the past.

Ian Chappell: Will Australia be bringing out their dead in India? | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Brilliant strategy from BCCI to keep hold of the number 1 ranking in test by playing long test series at home only, I don't remember when we played overseas the last time.

This is cheap tactics, if you are #1 then show u can do it anywhere in the world not just at your home...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock