Which smartphone to choose from these?

Tanishq

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you are doing well.
My father currently is in need of a new smartphone. His old OnePlus 5T was dying, a really great phone, and is now finding replacement for it.
First he thought of buying another OnePlus device but I told him all the problems these new OP phones have and now he is left with two options, Apple or Samsung. Then he straight up refused iPhone, due to his work requirements. With Samsung with the only option remaining, I tried to find a good model for him.
My father’s priority is good battery life and slim and light. Price range would be around 50K. Now I am left with S21 FE, A73, other include A53 or A52.
The S21 would have been a great choice if not for Exynos and okayish battery life. Then next is A73, a good phone but big screen and okayish camera. A53 is a good phone but Exynos and the Snapdragon version only comes with A52s. I am really confused as to what to choose. Please help.

Also what about S20 FE, now it is 1 year old and will it work well into the future for like next 3 to 4 years?

Since iPhone isn't an option, Moto Edge 30 Pro would be a great choice. As the current device is Oneplus, Moto should match the software experience and it's got the flagship chip inside. A73 is much inferior to Edge 30 Pro.

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well.
My father currently is in need of a new smartphone. His old OnePlus 5T was dying, a really great phone, and is now finding replacement for it.
First he thought of buying another OnePlus device but I told him all the problems these new OP phones have and now he is left with two options, Apple or Samsung. Then he straight up refused iPhone, due to his work requirements. With Samsung with the only option remaining, I tried to find a good model for him.
My father’s priority is good battery life and slim and light. Price range would be around 50K. Now I am left with S21 FE, A73, other include A53 or A52.
The S21 would have been a great choice if not for Exynos and okayish battery life. Then next is A73, a good phone but big screen and okayish camera. A53 is a good phone but Exynos and the Snapdragon version only comes with A52s. I am really confused as to what to choose. Please help.
Which operator your dad uses?

Also what about S20 FE, now it is 1 year old and will it work well into the future for like next 3 to 4 years?
It's good but it's year old and it's US import. Don't work well with Indian carriers. You can buy it, but battery draining issues since One UI 4.1 update. Band locking disabled on all Samsung phones after June update.

Since iPhone isn't an option, Moto Edge 30 Pro would be a great choice. As the current device is Oneplus, Moto should match the software experience and it's got the flagship chip inside. A73 is much inferior to Edge 30 Pro.

I am using Moto Edge 30 Pro since two months. Software is good, but updates aren't. Camera is decent too. Not great. Used Moto Edge 20 Pro for an year and sold recently(My friend is still using it and he is happy with it). It got Android 12 Update recently and it used to work flawlessly on Android 11
jLa2bq2.jpg

fjNyVLs.jpg

as well. Have two Moto G40 Fusion in my home and G71/G82 as well. Great for signal reception and speeds also. Shared screenshots lot of times. Samsung is good with updates but updates isn't everything according to me. Have used F23 for last three months. It adds bloatware as well through updates. So it's upto you.

I’m kinda leaning towards 21 FE but will check that one for sure.
Thanks.
S21 FE uses modified version of Exynos 2100 which was there in S21 series. Good CA combos, but speeds are less compared to snapdragon 870/888 counterparts. Camera is third best in 50000 category, 1. Vivo X80 2. Oppo Reno 8 Pro. 3. This S21 FE. 4. OnePlus 9RT. Samsung software good but with updates they can do anything I believe. This 4 year updates and 5 years security patches is bullsh*t thing according to me.

There is one more option according to me
Realme GT 2 Pro. Overall better phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock