Which one of the Best Platforms to Sell Old Mobile Phone?

IDK.. maybe he was just dumb. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Weird incident seems .. there is only chance to get cheat is ur cousin may be send bycycle before recieved the payment that's the only Chace here .. moreover selling platform is not to blame here it's our mistake to send the product before git the payment

Cheaters use request money option instead of send money.
Those who are not well aware about UPI apps don't know that to receive money, we don't have to enter PIN.
I guess this was happened.
Exactly.. this is what happened.
The guy first requested ₹5k. My cousin thought that the guy is sending money and he has to give the PIN to accept it. So he did it once.
Then the guy called and said that the payment was unsuccessful, so he is sending again. So like this again ₹5k gone.
And since there was no message from bank about the debit (I don't know why), so he didn't realize it.
He realized it later when he checked the account balance to know if he received the payment.

When I posted one ad of Sherwani before 2 years on olx. I got offers from different regions of India without even asking size of it. All of them said we will send it by GPay and they will collect it by next week. 😂😂

moreover selling platform is not to blame here it's our mistake to send the product before git the payment
Yes, the platform can't be blamed. But the platform is run by the users. The users are the one who do the scam.
In case of Cashify, everything is handled by the platform itself, just like Amazon and Flipkart. They send a official representative to check and pickup the item.

Yes, the platform can't be blamed. But the platform is run by the users. The users are the one who do the scam.
In case of Cashify, everything is handled by the platform itself, just like Amazon and Flipkart. They send a official representative to check and pickup the item.
Accept .. but the value is low compare to others

3 months back I sold my redmi 8a 6K bought 18m back for 7K

Had similar experience on OLX, was selling my old sofa set and was avoiding anyone who was offering to pay the money without even seeing the set.

Though I was able to sell successfully but yes more than 10 such fraud call received and reported most of them.

People not very well verse with these fraud gets cheated and ends up loosing money.

OLX is a hit and miss platform. It depends on seller. Never make any digital transactions.

I once got ripped off of ₹500 buying PS3. This incident happened in 2016. I bought a PS3 off OLX. Seller lived in a porshe society. So I bought it from street instead of his house. Came a kid with his older brother. I paid him. Than took the bus to home. Remotes were not in working conditions. I called him. He picked up that night. Was speaking in happy tone. He was like. Oh! It doesn't work. Maybe you have to get a new one. Gave me address of a gaming store to purchase a new remote. I just said okay. I have a thing where I react hours after something shocking happens. Next day I called him at the morning. I said I want my money back. You sold me a damaged product. He said not possible. I called him constantly. Didn't pick up on second day. Third day noon he picked up. I gave him an earful. Threatened to do tamasha infront of his house if didn't took the console back. Than I said I have been harrassed enough. My mom also started yelling. As she saw how upset I was. Auducity of that guy saying that guy saying ₹5000 is his daily expenses. Than my mom said if I show up at your house. I will show you and your parents your expenses. Than in the noon he called himself. I said just give me my money back. You can give ₹500 less. My mom didn't let me go. She herself went. And returned the console and took the money. I was really scared here as my mother is short tempered. Thought would have slapped the guy. She returned and got the money back. I called the guy confirming whether he got everything back. I was just trying to know about his wellbeing. And yes he kept ₹500. This person thought he could getaway with scamming again. He listed the console again. I reported and got it removed.

After this incident. I bought a GBA, PSP, PS2 and a NDS from Olx. Didn't got cheated. Instead met some really nice people. This time I took precaution and bought it from the seller's house. There was issue on UMDs of PSP. I called the seller. He gave me a ₹500 and also gave me the USB cable along with the hard case for free.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock