WhatsApp updates its Privacy Policy, to be effective starting 19th June, 2021

Privacy 😝😜
wiqixuP.jpg

Once I've set Signal as my default messaging app, any messages sent post that are only available in Signal. It's not even available in the pre-installed messages app. This is not acceptable.

Once I've set Signal as my default messaging app, any messages sent post that are only available in Signal. It's not even available in the pre-installed messages app. This is not acceptable.
Don't set it as default messaging app. Use it only for online communication.

If you're on Android 6 and above, this is as expected. You would have set your default messages app, so only this app would see your SMS.

I know in other apps you might view SMS, but those apps display your SMS using hook or crook, not using official methods..

WhatsApp has issued a clarification that your privacy won't be affected if you do not use two optional features.

In its FAQ section, WhatsApp has said that the new privacy policy does not affect the privacy of your messages with your friends and family. As per the company, the update will only affect the messages sent to business accounts on WhatsApp, which it adds is an optional feature.

WhatsApp says your privacy won't be affected if you don't use these two optional features
Damage control exercise?

Most of the points are mis-leading, especially the Location-Sharing one... It looks like FB and WA can't see our location, which is totally wrong. They actually mean that the location shared in chat can't be viewed by FB (which again is doubtful, imho). Naturally, if none of chat data is viewable by FB, then the Location shared in Chat can also not viewable for them...

Nothing special... This damage control measure is just FaceBook being FaceBook...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock