• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,659

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Finally, I got the chance to try the WhatsApp multi device beta. As stated on the WhatsApp updates thread, it rolled out to iOS beta users today. The setup is opt-in and I did that instantly. Below are a few screenshots.

WPAHLPN.jpg

TFDGFcE.jpg

6KvsA6q.jpg

pJOIYn5.jpg

u0GAmxN.jpg

3TtKWNT.jpg

I have scanned the QR code on my computer again, after enrolling for the multi device beta. It had to be scanned twice, and then I was in. All the chats were synchronized, which took a couple of minutes.

As expected, the message delivery is fast on the computer now. I have turned the internet off on my phone and the computer app continued to receive/send messages, as expected.

This is supported up to 4 devices as of now. There are a few minor limitations, however not many that impacts core messaging functionality. I believe this feature is a game changer for WhatsApp, as the end-to-end encryption is still intact even with this seem less sync, unlike the competition.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have on this.

Do i need to login everytime i need to use whatsapp web or first time login means enough?

Is their a limitation to how long we can keep the account active on other device?

I am a beta user from years....I am a Android user..
I am getting these settings....
Click 3 dots in main page...There we will find option Link Devices...

Do i need to login everytime i need to use whatsapp web or first time login means enough?
No need to login manually...Just scan the code...
fO0FkAt.jpg

Ob9Zul7.jpg

v5rL3ta.jpg

Is their a limitation to how long we can keep the account active on other device?
No, but if you don't login on your phone for 15 days, all other devices will be logged out.

Still there is no official way to use whatsapp on ipad...why dont they release ipad app now that multidevice support is there.

No, but if you don't login on your phone for 15 days, all other devices will be logged out.
I didn't get logging for 15 days... AFAIK once we logged to WhatsApp it will remain active in that number and mobile until we logged out ourself or login in another mobile.....Whether we use/open it or not...

I didn't get logging for 15 days... AFAIK once we logged to WhatsApp it will remain active in that number and mobile until we logged out ourself or login in another mobile.....Whether we use/open it or not...
I think he meant you have to open it on your phone atleast once every 15 days. Otherwise all your connected devices logout automatically

I think he meant you have to open it on your phone atleast once every 15 days. Otherwise all your connected devices logout automatically
Yes that's what I meant. It's documented in WhatsApp blog as well. Actually it's 14 days.

6VnpQ1i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock