• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 881

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
We're adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption. This is a top requested feature. We launched the ability to switch from iPhone-->Android last year, and now adding Android-->iPhone as well.

Source

U2NEI5x.png

Image source: WAbetainfo

The biggest advantage with this implementation is that it uses the native "Move to iOS" app for the transfer. So, it's a seamless transfer. No need to download additional apps etc., Great job WA Devs!

Can there be a possibility of merging the chats, I still have some chats stored as zip file on my gmail and now some chats are there on iOS when I switched.

Is that even a possibility, haven’t read anywhere about that.

Can there be a possibility of merging the chats, I still have some chats stored as zip file on my gmail and now some chats are there on iOS when I switched.

Same Question. I have my old chats from android phone on my pc.

Can i still transfer that to a android phone and them use the new method ??? will the exisiting chats get misplaced or merged ???

Same Question. I have my old chats from android phone on my pc.

Can i still transfer that to a android phone and them use the new method ??? will the exisiting chats get misplaced or merged ???
My guess is that you will only have one of them. However, no one will know the answer to this unless they practically try it. One of you can try and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock