Seeking Help What's the difference between Ubuntu and Unix OS

Raviteja

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys any idea what's the difference between Ubuntu OS and Unix OS or both are same??

no not the same
the difference i don't know how to explain.. wait for some tech savy guy to reply

As far as I know all Linux distros are based on Unix OS. You can consider Linux OS as Windows OS with GUI and Unix OS as Command Prompt without any GUI.

Linux is Unix -like OS... It isn't based on UNIX. and almost all OS without GUI is Command line..
Unix-like: A Unix-like (sometimes referred to as UN*X or *nix) operating system is one that behaves in a manner similar to a Unix system, while not necessarily conforming to or being certified to any version of the Single UNIX Specification
Read more about Linux Linux - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Any idea which one is better in this FreeBSD Unix or OpenBSD Unix or Solaris Unix

Bro, haven't tried any of these but Free and open BSD are unix-like operating system...where solaris is unix. Bro if you have unlimited internet connection you can download and try all three...they have small size and you can try in virtual box or vmware too....you'll get a clear idea and you can use whatever you like out of these three

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock