Seeking Help Weired issue with airtel new sim

When I bought my airtel Delhi number (Which is now Vodafone UPE) in 2013, the previous owner had some court case going on and he was absconding. The police used to call on my number asking where was I. It was such a pain explaining them as they are not the kind of person who trusts your narrative that easily.

When I bought my airtel Delhi number (Which is now Vodafone UPE) in 2013, the previous owner had some court case going on and he was absconding. The police used to call on my number asking where was I. It was such a pain explaining them as they are not the kind of person who trusts your narrative that easily.
TRAI should be held accountable here. A phone number should be assigned to a single person. Once a number shuts down. Only the previous owner should be able to reactivate it.

TRAI should be held accountable here. A phone number should be assigned to a single person. Once a number shuts down. Only the previous owner should be able to reactivate it.
That is not feasible at all. There are limited numbers and the policy of recycling number is used everywhere.

I suggest, try to have your same number if you are moving to other operator by way of porting.
If this is the first time you are buying a sim or wanted a complete different number for any reason, always ask for new range of start numbers for e.g 98xx is quite old now, 8xx or 7xx which ever is new range ask for it however there are still chances you may end up someones old number. But atleast if you are lucky you will have 50-70% of chances of getting new number.

This Happens..

It Looks Like Earlier My Number Was Used By A Watchman And Mechanic. I Used To Get Calls When The Watchman Takes A Day Off Without Informing. Straightaway, They Will Ask ""Are You XXX Watchman, Where Are You..?"". Then I Asked Them Whom They Want To Speak With. They Replied Asking "Is This Watchman XXX..?"". Then I Would Tell Them This Is Wrong Number. They Would Disconnect The Call Without Telling Anything. The Calls Were Made Ocassionally Like Twice A Month For A Year. It Stopped After I Left To Abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock