WD And SanDisk Escalate Storage Wars, Announce 64-Layer 3D NAND SSDs Up To 2TB

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
27 Oct 2016
Messages
4,560
Solutions
2
Reaction score
6,723
WD And SanDisk Escalate Storage Wars, Announce 64-Layer 3D NAND SSDs Up To 2TB

WD and its NAND Flash-fueled SanDisk division, today stepped out to underscore the relentless pace of storage technology, announcing a new line of 64-layer 3D NAND Flash-based SSDs that scale up to a capacious 2 Terabytes. Only a day after Toshiba announced new NVMe SSD products based on similar 64-layer BiCS 3D NAND technology, WD and SanDisk return that volley with a SATA offering targeted at mainstream client desktop, laptop and hybrid 2-in-1 devices. 64-layer 3D NAND Flash technology affords higher capacities and performance at similar endurance levels to standard legacy MLC NAND SSD products.
WD-San-Disk-SATA-SSDs.jpg
 
didn't get you bro. Actually Sandisk is owned by Western Digital.
Sandisk is a subsidiary of WD. Then how a war b/w Sandisk and WD

WD acquired Sandisk in 2015 last or sometime
 
Jithin91 said:
didn't get you bro. Actually Sandisk is owned by Western Digital.
Sandisk is a subsidiary of WD. Then how a war b/w Sandisk and WD

WD acquired Sandisk in 2015 last or sometime

Bro its written in the article ... link provided...
The meaning is (WD + SanDisk) escalate storage wars..... Together 
It's not between WD & Sandisk... may be (example) between (WD + SanDisk) and seagate 
 and you are correct WD acquired SanDisk
 
sumitroy said:
Bro its written in the article ... link provided...
The meaning is (WD + SanDisk) escalate storage wars..... Together  
 and you are correct WD acquired SanDisk

ya.. i read like WD & Sandisk are in wars.
sorry
 
Jithin91 said:
ya.. i read like WD & Sandisk are in wars.
sorry
Don't say sorry Bro..
Glad you understood, Bro  :)
 
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock