Wasim Akram to miss IPL 2017 with KKR due to professional commitments

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Wasim Akram, who has served as the bowling coach and mentor of Kolkata Knight Riders, will not offer his services to the franchise in upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2017 due to "professional commitments and time constraints", the franchise announced on Saturday (December 10). The former Pakistan pacer was with the side for the last seven seasons and saw them with two titles - in 2012 and 2014 - during this period.

"Bowling Coach and Mentor, Wasim Akram will miss the upcoming IPL 2017 season," a Kolkata Knight Riders release said. "The legendary all-rounder has cited professional commitments and time constraints for his inability to be part of KKR for the upcoming season."

Akram, who was instrumental in forging one of the finest bowling line-ups in IPL, said he will miss being a part of KKR's set-up next year. "I have loved the camaraderie in KKR team and have enjoyed every opportunity to mentor the highly talented team over the years. I am surely going to miss being part of the dressing room but I wish the team continued success."

Venky Mysore, KKR's MD and CEO added, "We will miss Wasim bhai who has been part of the KKR family over the last few years and has played a significant role in our title triumphs in 2012 and 2014. We wish him the very best in all his endeavours."

Wasim Akram to miss IPL 2017 due to professional commitments - Cricbuzz

Not only Wasim Akram but All will miss IPL 2017 if issues between Lodha Committee and BCCI will not resolve on time

All BCCI officials should be suspended and put behind the bar for not implementing the lodha committee recommendation

We want KKR to win IPL 2017 common find new coach in McGrath or Lee Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo Re.....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock