• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 837

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi, May 27: In the wake of Gautam Gambhir's injury controversy, former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram on May 26 termed the itinerary chalked out by BCCI for Team India as "inhuman". "At a time when the club versus country debate is doing the rounds, I wonder if the BCCI has planned its calendar keeping players'' welfare in mind," Akram said.

Ads by Google
watch IPL matches Enjoy IPL on your mobile withairtel. Visit now to know more!
www.airtel.in/cricketfever

"While I reiterate that IPL must have a separate window, top-line Indian cricketers are playing far too many competitive matches. The itinerary is simply inhuman and the effects are already showing," he added.

The BCCI is currently grappling with Gambhir's injury issue, which has cast a shadow of doubt over the India opener's availability for the West Indies series, and Akram felt the board would find itself in a sticky ground now.

"Gambhir's shoulder injury will actually catch BCCI on a sticky wicket. Gambhir was playing in a BCCI-sanctioned tournament and was only honouring his commitment towards his franchise, who had bought him at a record price," said Akram, who is also the Kolkata Knight Riders bowling coach.

"I hear Gambhir was already injured during the World Cup. Therefore, it is up to a player to decide what is good and bad for him. Gambhir's Delhi-mate Virender Sehwag is another case. Sehwag is already out of the West Indies series and doubtful for the England tour, too. It's a blessing in disguise that Delhi Daredevils did not go the full distance in the IPL! More matches would have only delayed Sehwag's treatment," he added.

http://cricket.oneindia.in/news/2011/05/27/bccisitinerary-is-inhumanakram-aid0126.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock