VPN may soon get banned in India

In theory, banned p**n sites could host something that tracks and spies upon you...
Seriously?? If that's not a way, ppl will find a different way to spy. And being in India, we can't talk about being spied... Govt first should look securing the data they own then they can think about these spying and stuffs. Lol.

In theory, banned p**n sites could host something that tracks and spies upon you...
In Theory, everything we use online like facebook, twitter, YouTube even this OnlyTech platform can host spyware, collect our private data and sell it to others. That doesn't mean we will ban them all. If spyware is the issue, then regulate it. Banning them in one country doesn't mean anything. Yts torrent site is still up. And I do not think popular adult sites will risk their reputation by hosting spyware or some thing like that. Anyway even after those bans, adult sites are still accessible without VPN. This is just an useless action. ☮️

Seriously?? If that's not a way, ppl will find a different way to spy. And being in India, we can't talk about being spied... Govt first should look securing the data they own then they can think about these spying and stuffs. Lol.
In Theory, everything we use online like facebook, twitter, YouTube even this OnlyTech platform can host spyware, collect our private data and sell it to others. That doesn't mean we will ban them all. If spyware is the issue, then regulate it. Banning them in one country doesn't mean anything. Yts torrent site is still up. And I do not think popular adult sites will risk their reputation by hosting spyware or some thing like that. Anyway even after those bans, adult sites are still accessible without VPN. This is just an useless action. ☮️
Well there are various incidents of government officials sharing screen and inadvertently have revealed p**n sites in their favourites bar. Imagine the spying that could happen

The government banning things just to hide their incompetency in the name of national security & sovereignty is outrightly stupid.

Govt can't really ban VPN. It will be a lose-lose game if they try to do so.

Well there are various incidents of government officials sharing screen and inadvertently have revealed p**n sites in their favourites bar. Imagine the spying that could happen
Its something very basic that work laptop should be used for work purposes only... I guess govt should start mandatory courses for Govt officials to educate them.

Its something very basic that work laptop should be used for work purposes only... I guess govt should start mandatory courses for Govt officials to educate them.
Govt wouldn't even need to start mandatory courses, they can just provision an MDM service and tell employees to mandatorily download the app. That will take care of everything, but sadly the govt does not want to spend too much just for an MDM service...

Just look at this thread. Only post I have seen talking usefulness about VPN was to visit banned p**n sites. Mind you first that all p**n sites are not banned. Nor is consumption of p**n. Those who hosted content of minor, abusive and stolen images/videos got banned. If you don't believe me. You can hear from victims themselves.
Source

Second was about piracy which itself is a crime.

Third let me add it myself is anonymity. In the day and age when cyberbullying is increasing. Least we need is anonymity on web. I hope all sites in future forces users to verify themselves with an ID proof. If talking thrash to others is an offense at streets. Same should be applicable on web as well. Cops should be able to trace this individuals and punish them.

Just look at this thread. Only post I have seen talking usefulness about VPN was to visit banned p**n sites. Mind you first that all p**n sites are not banned. Nor is consumption of p**n. Those who hosted content of minor, abusive and stolen images/videos got banned. If you don't believe me. You can hear from victims themselves.
Source

Second was about piracy which itself is a crime.

Third let me add it myself is anonymity. In the day and age when cyberbullying is increasing. Least we need is anonymity on web. I hope all sites in future forces users to verify themselves with an ID proof. If talking thrash to others is an offense at streets. Same should be applicable on web as well. Cops should be able to trace this individuals and punish them.
There's one downside of ending anonymity on web. Sometimes to fight the rich and powerful you need to hide your identity. Not everyone can come on the streets and fight for their rights. Social media provides an excellent platform for that. So I believe anonymity should still remain.

Majority of people use paid vpn for official use for company communication or work from home and some percentage of people who are aware of paid vpn use it for OTT to unlock geo restriction pay and access global ott platforms contents which are not available in india . other vpn users mostly end up using free vpn service for ott content which are available free in abroad but geo restricted here and are not available any current ott platform in india both free or paid ones including. There are other people - mostly investigators or int'l journalists who use vpn for private communication - even they use to protect their identity as they would be targeted if used normal messenger like wa or other app . vpn doesnt provide full anonymity only to some extent it provides even the vpn provider ends up logging the work done by its users to meet regulatory standard to end up passing blame if if anyone does illegal work piracy etc - even tor browser informs it doesnt protect full details and other precautions should be followed by users to keep anonymity. due to latest tech the moment anyone stop using vpn server they could be detected ,even some countries vpn providers end up sharing info with isp providers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock