VPN may soon get banned in India

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
In its report presented to Rajya Sabha regarding the government action on previous concerns, the committee again recommended developing a “coordination mechanism” in collaboration with international agencies to block VPNs permanently.

The IT ministry has mentioned various powers under which the government can block information from public access, including "interest of sovereignty and integrity of India; defence of India; security of the State;

The ministry confirmed to the committee if the request for blocking of such VPNs is received under section 69A of the IT Act, MeitY can initiate the process as specified in the rules of the said section.

It's again just hype like earlier it happened with news regarding ban on google or facebook. In-country like India we cannot even stop piracy and it took so long for police to catch up with that T**p tv owner even though after so many complaints so forgot about the ban on VPNs and even if they get banned I doubt if people will take it seriously.

VPNs will never be blocked. Companies have websites/mails that are available exclusively through VPN...

Consumer VPNs could theoretically get banned tho.

It is because of people like you that government is considering this move
How does him watching adult videos is a threat to interest of sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, security of the State? I could not find the relation between both. :unsure:

How does him watching adult videos is a threat to interest of sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, security of the State? I could not find the relation between both. :unsure:
In theory, banned p**n sites could host something that tracks and spies upon you...

hope if vpn blocked atleast tv broadcaster then go for all sports rights(league + nation) be it cricket or football. otherwise it will be black day for sports lover

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock