VLC Media Player - News & Updates

is it safe to use VLC on laptop as it amplifies the sound by 400% which has adverse effect on sensitive laptop speaker?

is it safe to use VLC on laptop as it amplifies the sound by 400% which has adverse effect on sensitive laptop speaker?
It is safe to use VLC on laptop. You can increase sound more than 100% but that's an option. It's not like VLC plays audio at 400%. You can control it, and you can always use VLC at any volume level you want. Btw, the current version of VLC can go up to 200% only, not 400%.

It is safe to use VLC on laptop. You can increase sound more than 100% but that's an option. It's not like VLC plays audio at 400%. You can control it, and you can always use VLC at any volume level you want. Btw, the current version of VLC can go up to 200% only, not 400%.
Thanks bro for clarification
One more confusion is
I read somewhere that if Laptop speaker get Damaged anyhow and if the product is in Under warrenty than company will not providing free service if they found there is any third party media player in the laptop .
Is that true ?

I read somewhere that if Laptop speaker get Damaged anyhow and if the product is in Under warrenty than company will not providing free service if they found there is any third party media player in the laptop .
Is that true ?
Bro, I've also heard of it and I don't think that applies now. Btw, you can read your warranty terms. If the third party player voids your speaker warranty, just uninstall players or reinstall Windows before claiming warranty.

There was a time when VLC used to provide option to increase volume up to 400% and that could damage some speakers because of poor hardware and audio driver. However, current laptops does not have any issue even if you play audio at full volumes.

Here's a post from a VLC developer 👇
VLC just uses the Windows APIs (DirectSound), and sends signed integers of 16bits (s16) to the Windows Kernel. VLC allows amplification of the INPUT above the sound that was decoded. This is exactly the same if you put your mp3 file through Audacity and increase it and play with WMP. VLC does not (and cannot) modify the OUTPUT volume to destroy the speakers. VLC is a Software using the OFFICIAL platforms APIs.
Read full post: Installing VLC Media Player voids your speaker warranty | Hacker News

It seems that I should make some new changes, and it has been doing well on my computer.

I think it's available Now

Edit: few minutes back ,when I went to their site,it got opened,but not now.
Although it's available in playstore

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock