Vivo tops Indian Smartphone Market, Xiaomi slips to 5th Place in YoY growth: IDC Report

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
According to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, India smartphone market shipped 64 million units in the First Half of 2023 with a decline of 10% YoY (year-over-year).

Vivo, which was at 4th position behind Xiaomi, Realme and Samsung in 2Q22 gained a YoY growth of 7.4% to climb up to the Top Spot in 2Q23.

Meanwhile, Xiaomi which was leading the market in 2Q22 dropped by 39.4% and slipped to 5th position behind Vivo, Samsung, Realme and Oppo.

Apple and Oneplus registered a growth of 61.1%, while POCO with its budget friendly devices registered the highest growth of 76.5% amongst the top 10 brands.

Samsung, vivo and OnePlus were the leaders in the 5G segment with a combined share of 54%. Apple’s iPhone 13 and OnePlus’ Nord CE3 Lite were the highest shipped 5G models in 2Q23.

pPgyRe3.png

Pic Credit and Source: IDC

How is Samsung #2? No one I know owns a Samsung phone nowadays. It's either Realme, Redmi or iPhone. They are niether preferred by high end or low end users.

Xiaomi slips to 5th place, hopefully they now address the ads issues on MIUI and inferior hardware issues. Recently faced dead phone issues in Redmi Note 10 and Poco X3 pro. 8k was asked for motherboard replacement even phone was under warranty and blamed us for water reasons while there has been so many such issues with Poco phone lately

How is Samsung #2? No one I know owns a Samsung phone nowadays. It's either Realme, Redmi or iPhone. They are niether preferred by high end or low end users.
I still see so many elderly people using Samsung as they find it very easy to use. They usually use low-end devices which comes with the OneUI core version with basic features only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock