Vi Binge All Night Data to offer unlimited high-speed data between 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM

I hope this doesn't backfire for them. Even though they have the largest spectrum holding amongst the private operators, the number of towers has become lesser due to cost cutting even if they claim the contrary saying they have added the most number 4G towers. If the subscribers all start downloading at once between 12 to 6 it is bound to create network congestion and make it unusable for existing subscribers who may be pushed further to leave the network.

This is waht is had thought when they introduce weekend data rollover.

This initial days of CDMA/EVDO. tata was offering something like this feature. unlimited internet from 10pm-6am and also some offer on weekends.

This move may trigger more subscriber joining vi in rural market,where there will be less chance of covgetion if tower backhaul is good/fiber.

But overall impact on revenue and subscriber base and profitability is still under lens to see if its going in upward direction?

@Esmail, cogetion can happen at various level, so basically it may not backfire, considering vi having lowest 4g subscriber base among all 4 telco.

Only small portion of postpaid ,unlimited plan may be forced out due to congestion at their home/work place. that too if vi continue this benifits even after 13th may2021.

What about those who have already recharged
As per customer care, “Night Unlimited” is only applicable on recharges done from 9th Feb 2021 onwards. Effectively, they are throwing those loyal customers who recharged before 9th under a bus. This is the bone-headed decision making capability Vi has inherited from Vodafone and Idea. Their main aim is to make existing loyal customers angry.

As per customer care, “Night Unlimited” is only applicable on recharges done from 9th Feb 2021 onwards. Effectively, they are throwing those loyal customers who recharged before 9th under a bus. This is the bone-headed decision making capability Vi has inherited from Vodafone and Idea. Their main aim is to make existing loyal customers angry.
Here i would like to slightly differ from ur views.

I feel it mot strategy/decision which make them exitsing customer to disloyal.

As per official website offer applicable for recharge made from 16th feb onward, It must their system capability( read incapability).

If u know, only vi doesn't allow queuing of recharge, and if u make new recharge of even of same amount on which current tariff is going. they messed up.

as per customer care Agents (read id*ot) , current plan 249, expiring in 10 day,but if recharge with 249, then u will get data benefit of 28days from day of recharge, but voice calling works for 10+28days.

so, vi system engier may not able to extend this benefit or extremely difficult to give this benefit to customer made recharge before 16th feb. .

let us wait for 1-2weeks to see, if twitter account gets filled with complaints like chocked network at 12-1am...

I did a 249 recharge and was able to download Forza Horizon 4 (80 Gb game). It’s an eappxbundle file downloaded directly from Microsoft servers to my iPhone 12. I started downloading at 12:05 am and woke up at 3am and it was about to finish. In short it took 3 hrs to download 80 Gb which means average download speed of 7.58 MBps (60 Mbps connection speed)
This is a great average night speed. My iPhone remained connected to B41 throughout it seems.

Few factors responsible for good speeds
  • Less Vi subscribers in my area
  • Still many people’s handsets don’t support Band 41 (older handsets)
  • Better iPhone 12 cellular reception due to Apple choosing Qualcomm modems in these devices.

Last edited:
I did a 249 recharge and was able to download Forza Horizon 4 (80 Gb game). It’s an eappxbundle file downloaded directly from Microsoft servers to my iPhone 12. I started downloading at 12:05 am and woke up at 3am and it was about to finish. In short it took 3 hrs to download 80 Gb which means average download speed of 7.58 MBps (60 Mbps connection speed)
This is a great average night speed. My iPhone remained connected to B41 throughout it seems.

Few factors responsible for good speeds
  • Less Vi subscribers in my area
  • Still many people’s handsets don’t support Band 41 (older handsets)
  • Better iPhone 12 cellular reception due to Apple choosing Qualcomm modems in these devices.
In the FAQs for Binge All Night and Weekend Roll Over offers (found here: Weekend Data Rollover: Unused Daily Data to Weekends | Night Data Packs | Vi™), the following clarifications are mentioned:

"Binge All Night Data benefit will be offered with Additive Validity from subsequent recharges only (Second RC after the first eligible recharge) from the launch date."

"Roll Over Benefit will be offered with Additive Validity from subsequent recharges only (Second recharge after the first eligible UL daily data recharge) from the launch date."

Can you please explain what these mean?

I have not bought any unlimited data packs on VI before, I use it just for calls. Will I get these benefits on the first unlimited data pack recharge or on the second or subsequent recharge (the recharge being done sometime in the next few days i.e. after 16th Feb 2021)?

Kindly assist in clarifying this.

Someone please clarify whether ₹297 FRC plan carries unlimited night data. On website unlimited plan is listed but the executives at store says otherwise. Please clarify.

Someone please clarify whether ₹297 FRC plan carries unlimited night data. On website unlimited plan is listed but the executives at store says otherwise. Please clarify.
The store executives & customer care don't know anything. They don't even know if a certain plan exists or not, forget about offers. 😂

The store executives & customer care don't know anything. They don't even know if a certain plan exists or not, forget about offers. 😂
I wanted to buy ₹97 plan. They straight up refused and said ₹297 + ₹10 sim charge being the minimal and only plan available. Than tried to sell me some plan with Hotstar. So I am trying to get it from a friend who own's a recharge store.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock