Unlimited 5G Data Offer for Airtel 5G users using the Airtel Thanks app

The offer details mention:
  • For prepaid customers valid on all plans priced ₹239 & above, unlimited 5G Data will work until the validity of the pack.
  • For postpaid customers, it's valid until their next bill generation.
So, as I read it, this Unlimited 5G data will be valid for One cycle only. Hence, for prepaid users, it makes sense to activate this offer on the day you recharge, so that you get it for a full 28 days or 84 days or 90 days based on what you've recharged.

For Postpaid customers, it makes sense to activate this offer once your billing cycle changes so that you get it for a full 30 or 31 days.

Proper Vo5G is already active on Jio network from day 1. Pixel 6, 6a, 7, 7 Pro users need to root and add a line to carrier file and it enables proper Vo5G support. It is evident when you force Pixels to NR mode only and calls go through without 5G symbol changing to LTE.

iPhones too make Vo5G calls but its random and I haven't yet found a way to reliably make 5G calls all the time on an iPhone.

Why I desperately want Vo5G calling ? Because current LTE fallback to make a call causes a lot of missed calls, my number being unavailable/out of coverage area for calling party.

Airtel's Vo5G is 2-3 years away. Vi's 5G is nowhere to be seen.

PS: You still get 330 days of unlimited 5G pack added automatically if you recharge with 1599 (24GB) plan on Jio. Make sure you activate it immediately and not keep it queued. (Because Jio's policies can change anytime and they might copy Airtel's 1799 policy)
So Airtel still remains an inferior network on all 3 main parameters: Cost, Speed and Coverage.
Yes, in my realme Narzo 30 5G phone if I force to 5G only mode then calls go through without the network change to 4G. During calls in this method the frequency changes from N78 to n28. But I think that's not true VoNR because even if it doesn't changes to 4G network the underlying method is VoLte only as can be seen from VoLte symbol beside the 5G network.

But call drop issue is persistent in this method. Sometimes it works flawlessly but many times the call get muted in my end but on the other end the call has already been disconnected and when the caller again calls me I get a call waiting notification as on my side the previous call is still going on.

I'm using jio network.

Last edited:
Yes, in my realme Narzo 30 5G phone if I force to 5G only mode then calls go through without the network change to 4G. During calls in this method the frequency changes from N78 to n28. But I think that's not true VoNR because even if it doesn't changes to 4G network the underlying method is VoLte only as can be seen from VoLte symbol beside the 5G network.

But call drop issue is persistent in this method. Sometimes it works flawlessly but many times the call get muted in my end but on the other end the call has already been disconnected and when the caller again calls me I get a call waiting notification as on my side the previous call is still going on.

I'm using jio network.
I am sorry to disappoint you that your Phone is not making calls over 5G. VoNR or Vo5G is not enabled for you.

The offer details mention:
  • For prepaid customers valid on all plans priced ₹239 & above, unlimited 5G Data will work until the validity of the pack.
  • For postpaid customers, it's valid until their next bill generation.
So, as I read it, this Unlimited 5G data will be valid for One cycle only. Hence, for prepaid users, it makes sense to activate this offer on the day you recharge, so that you get it for a full 28 days or 84 days or 90 days based on what you've recharged.

For Postpaid customers, it makes sense to activate this offer once your billing cycle changes so that you get it for a full 30 or 31 days.
actually it stupid for postpaid to evety month go and activate offer? does any one of those subsciber going anywhere. all plans of postpaid are eligible then . unlike prepaid, which may downgrade from below 199, plan, . Postpaid subsiber choose service to move away from such hassle.

airtel gone mad.

secondly this button/click is much better than jios random activation which is purely based on city of Registered address of sim card.

But I've enabled VoNR in developer option. And jio network team also told me there's no VoNR as of today.
They are wrong as many Pixel and OnePlus users are able to make calls over 5G when NR Only mode is forced from Android Service menu.

LMAO Jio customer care knows nothing about their company and there is a total disconnect between actual networking team and customer care.

Customer care cannot interact with network team. They have to write emails and messages to a team higher up and that team forwards messages to another clueless person. But only reaches network team if you create some tamasha. Jio behaves like a govt organization.

They are wrong as many Pixel and OnePlus users are able to make calls over 5G when NR Only mode is forced from Android Service menu.

LMAO Jio customer care knows nothing about their company and there is a total disconnect between actual networking team and customer care.

Customer care cannot interact with network team. They have to write emails and messages to a team higher up and that team forwards messages to another clueless person. But only reaches network team if you create some tamasha. Jio behaves like a govt organization.
I've direct contact with network team of our area. They installed 3 outdoor small cells near my house in 2019. They also visited my place when I had problems with 5G wifi tethering in my PC. I got them after emailing directly to sanjay.mashruwala at ril dot com and akash.ambani at ril dot com. Brother I know that customer service is useless. I don't talk to them for that reason. I directly contact our network engineer of our area.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock