TUTORIAL: Installing mybb on your Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter mmadhankumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 9,631
a ftp [file transfer protocol] is needed to transfer file from your system to the server, when you are working offline that is not needed as every folders and directories are within your own pc.

jenius-jatt said:
Good job as ever my dear bro, But one thing pl Elaborate about server and which is the server as you mention local server I didn't get the point pl tell me ?

My second query is if a forum site is created by any free hosting then is it possible to Install or update it with mybb and make the Interface like our DDF ??

I Have Many Layout Copy Cats of ddf but not active as ddf :hehe

mmadhankumar said:
ssparikshya said:
you can also use xampp
and this process is going to slow down your computer , so, better use Free Hosting Service Which Can Be Found Here : www.x10hosting.com/

yes bro i have already mentioned about xampp.
i am using wamp for a long time. but i havent faced any slowing down on my computer. its good as ever.
yes there are lot of free hosting. i have used quite a few. problem with the free hosting is, server overload at most time. its a known fact that paid servers get high bandwidth than free ones. but in local server we can work offline without depending on others ;)

i have never faced any lag with this
but you method is good for testing ;)

Back
Top Bottom