Today 4k is latest after 2 years 8k is latest

Let me summarize the current scenario

SD - Past
HD - Present
4K - Latest Technology
8K - television companies working to make it better and available to everyone.

* According to latest analyst report broadcasters are making their plan until 2025 by assuming 4K is the future.

* HD channel started in 1998 in USA. Still there are more SD channels than HD even in USA. A television broadcast standard is not like a just in mobile display size or camera resolution. It effects numerous field from shooting a video, editing, broadcast, receive and viewing.

I don't think in our country in 2020 SD channels will shut down.
But, yes HD channels will be increase and costing for watching television is too costly incoming days, after increase a single HD channel all DTH operator will burn the RATE in their pack. only in this time when &TV HD as well SD introduce no price is change, coz already Rs.10 added in all Dishtv, and d2h....etc.

The logic is :_ when technology introduce HD/3D/UHD, do not effect our daily burn rate.

8K in 2 years, you must be dreaming :lol. 2020 olympics will be the first event to be broadcasted in 8K. So minimum 10 years is still there when 8k channels will be launched. 8K will not be successful initially in India coz the minimum tv size to take advantage of 8K is 85 inches. Very few Indian homes are big enough to accomodate 8K tvs. So rest assured that 4K has at least 15-20 years of life b4 8k takes over.

Even for HD it will take almost 10 years to become mainstream in India

The 2016 Rio Olympics will not be broadcast in 4K, despite an ever increasing number of 4K TV sets emerging on the market.

However, the OBS is working with Japanese broadcaster NHK to bring 8K content to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

"In my opinion 8K is much more of a game-changer than 4K," Exarchos added. "You can really see a huge difference in experience, whereas the gap between HD and 4K is far less."

http://digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a630502/2016-rio-olympics-wont-be-broadcast-in-4k-due-to-lack-of-demand.html#~p52kNRNQAIt7NF

jayanji said:
The 2016 Rio Olympics will not be broadcast in 4K, despite an ever increasing number of 4K TV sets emerging on the market.

However, the OBS is working with Japanese broadcaster NHK to bring 8K content to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

"In my opinion 8K is much more of a game-changer than 4K," Exarchos added. "You can really see a huge difference in experience, whereas the gap between HD and 4K is far less."

http://digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a630502/2016-rio-olympics-wont-be-broadcast-in-4k-due-to-lack-of-demand.html#~p52kNRNQAIt7NF

Its a game changer but not in near future. 8K tvs will not only be expensive but there will not be demand due to the sheer size of the Tvs. Most Indian home rooms are not big enough to have an 85 inch Tv. So 4K will have a long run. Current 8K broadcast even with HEVC format requires minimum 85 Mbps bandwidth. Our satellite and Internet connectivity isnt fast enough to carry 8K.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock