The Cricket Chat Thread !!

• Thread starter Thread starter Karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 562
  • Views Views: Views 38,076
RE: General cricket talk

All the best to Indian Cricket Team for the final test!
though i will be be following..
guyz how many of u will also be following d match ??

Lets wish the Indian Team all the best, hope they win the final Test Match!
:)

We can only hope the final test match gets washed out so that India do not get white washed in the series :P

Well, now we know why RP wasn't picked for so many years. What we do not know is why he was picked after so many years. At the end of the first day's play, he said, "I have been working on my fitness at home." Perhaps, he should have tried working on it at a gym.

Ganguly blamed Chappell’s ‘backroom politics’ for effectively ruining his career. “How many more times will such things (controversies) happen? He spoilt my career,” said Ganguly. The Ganguly-Chappell controversy, perhaps the most infamous love-hate relationship in cricket history.

will sachin score his 100th century in odi series against england.......wat do u think........?
:)

Mushtaq Ahmad has showed interesting in coaching Pakistan while Wasim Akram has again denied. But some rumours suggest that PCB is willing to give Aaqib Javed a full-time job now and Javed Miandad's name can't be discarded too.

What do you think? Who should be the right coach for Pakistan? Should Pakistan go for a foreign coach or a local one? [In my view, PCB must hunt a foreign coach like Tom Moody or Mickey Arthur though the latter is likely to be Australian coach now]

Cricket In Daily Newspapers

7-wicket win for Pakistan

4ujfab.jpg

Bulawayo: Pakistan beat Zimbabwe by seven wickets at Queens Sports Club here, on Monday, getting the winning runs with seven wickets in hand a few minutes before lunch on day five.

They needed just 88 runs for victory after bundling the home team out for 141 runs in their second innings, although they did lose three wickets in the process.

Misbah said afterwards: “Maybe I had mistaken asking Zimbabwe to bat first. The wicket had green patches. But the bowlers stuck to their task well. Our batting was excellent of good quality. I am proud of the youngsters, especially Aizaz Cheema, who took eight wickets in the match.

“Zimbabwe are a good side and they will improve with experience and become a strong force in the game, I’m sure.”

Newspaper: The Telegraph

RE: Cricket In Daily Newspapers

Wasim Jaffer retains Mumbai captaincy

66i3o7.jpg

All speculations over Wasim Jaffer’s Mumbai captaincy came to an end on Monday when he was named as captain of the 39-time Ranji Trophy-winning side for the forthcoming season.

Critics had questioned Jaffer’s captaincy when Mumbai performed below expectations last season losing to underdogs Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy quarterfinals. However, the selectors reiterated their faith in the former India player by taking a unanimous decision of retaining him.

Under Jaffer, Mumbai won twice in three years. “It was a unanimous decision to name Wasim as the captain. He has been a prolific run-scorer and one of the senior-most members of our side. You can’t blame him for just one bad day. The loss to Rajasthan was just one off result and I think we will be able to fight back,” said Mumbai chief selector Milind Rege.

The selectors also picked a huge 45-member probable list of the senior team instead of the usual 30. “We want to build a bench strength. This will help us find out some good talent,” said Rege. “Basically, we have players from the U-22 side also. It will be a great opportunity for the youngsters to gel with the senior players and learn the game. We want to encourage the youngsters,” added Rege.

The other big names in the probable list are Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Rohit Sharma, Ajit Agarkar, Ramesh Powar and Ajinkya Rahane.

Probables: Wasim Jaffer (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Swapnil Salvi, Kaustubh Pawar, Sushant Marathe, Bravish Shetty, Akhil Herwadkar, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Prashant Naik, Suryakumar Yadav, Abhishek Nayar, Siddharth Chitnis, Shoaib Shaikh, Onkar Khanvilkar, Nikhil Patil (Jr), Pankaj Jaiswal, Siddhesh Lad, Parag Khanapurkar, Onkar Gurav, Moondeep Mangela, Shardul Thakur, Santosh Shinde, Aditya Tare, Sufiyan Shaikh, Neelkanth Parab, Ramesh Powar, Iqbal Abdulla, Harmeet Singh, Ankit Chavan, Sagar Gorivale, Gaurav Jathar, Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, Dhaval Kulkarni,

Aquib Shaikh, Javed Khan, Kshemal Waingankar, Rajesh Verma, Rohan Raje, Murtuza Hussain, Avishkar Salvi, Usman Malvi, Saurabh Netravalkar, Nadeem Mehndi
Source: DNA

RE: Cricket In Daily Newspapers

Parthiv Patel hopeful of turnaround

k1uzw1.jpg

SOUTHAMPTON: Indian cricketers' faces betrayed a sense of helplessness when they came to Rose Bowl stadium on Monday. They had just learnt that Sachin Tendulkar would be missing the rest of the ODI series. However, opener Parthiv Patel presented a brave face while facing the mediapersons here. "We can't help this situation in front of us. We have to fight it out with what we have. You can't fill in Sachin Tendulkar's shoes, no matter who you are - so that's obviously a big loss to the team. Even he can't do anything about injuries," he added.

In his absence, surely Indian skipper MS Dhoni has a bigger role to play? Parthiv reiterated that it was impossible to replace Sachin but added that Dhoni has always done well under pressure. "I think Dhoni has done really well to keep the morale high in the dressing room. His role is always important. He's batted at number three, five, six, seven positions (in the past).

"He has played the floating role when the team has needed him to. I know we've lost the Test series 4-0 but we had a good chance of winning the first One-day game. We've prepared really well for this one-day series and the morale is really high," he insisted.

Parthiv said the batsmen were confident that would be able to find answers to short deliveries and were ready to tackle the England pacemen. "We have to play every ball as long as we are scoring runs. We hope to tackle the bowlers in the best possible way and perform well," Parthiv said.

When asked if the ODI series gave the team the chance to turn things around, he said: "Yes the way we started, we have done really well. We are the world champions and we did really well in the West Indies and other ODI series in the recent past. In Durham we got 275 and were very well placed with England struggling at 27 for 2 and even if we bowled just seven overs we looked good to win that game. Hopefully, we can try and turn it around (again) on Tuesday."

On the personal front, Parthiv added: "I had the advantage of watching England bowling in the Test matches, and they obviously had the plan of bowling short to our batsmen . Before coming here, I was in the nets for seven or eight days working on short balls. I knew that if I was going to play I would be opening the batting and that they would come hard at me with the short balls. I've worked on it and the rest of the squad is also ready."

Newspaper: Times of India, Sep 6, 2011

Back
Top Bottom