Telegram - News & Updates

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 195
  • Views: Views 34,310
Folks at Telegram have been working hard behind the curtains and have introduced more updates to their app. This time the company has updated its Bots platform, calling it Bots 2.0, and has brought a new UI that lets you share and preview content easily than before.

Telegram, as a part of the update (v3.8) now lets iOS users easily share photos and videos to other chat windows along with a comment or to other apps such as Firefox, YouTube, Chrome and more. iOS users can also use the 'Tap and hold to preview' feature for gif images. Pulling it up will bring additional actions. A new look for documents and progress bars are also included in the update. Tap and hold functionality to preview or send content is also available for inline Bots.

The iOS users additionally get a new video player as well. The app comes with an in-app media player letting users watch YouTube and other videos without much hassle and in lesser taps. Adding new stickers are easy as you can simply tap on any sticker in a chat to instantly open the relevant sticker pack. Previewing and sending stickers from this menu is also possible.

Telegram Apps Get Improved Media Sharing, Revamped UI, and Bots 2.0 | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Telegram, a messaging app with an end-to-end encrypted Secret Chat mode, today announced the launch of message drafts. It’s something that’s come to Twitter on mobile, but it’s not something that’s available in many messaging apps.

“Unfinished messages are now clearly visible in the chats list, and the chat with an unsent draft will move to the top,” Telegram said in a blog post. “What’s more — all your drafts are now synced across all your devices. Now you can start typing on your phone, then continue on your computer — right where you left off.”

Telegram also showed off new video capabilities for mobile devices.

On iOS, there’s support for picture in picture video playing from Vimeo and YouTube. You hit the button in the bottom right corner of a video to turn on the feature, and from there you get a window that floats while you do other things in the Telegram app.

Meanwhile on Android the Telegram app now has its very own native video player. No longer will you get shunted to other apps, like YouTube, to watch video that someone sends you.

Also Telegram has expanded the availability of the Scroll to Bottom button with an unread messages counter to Android and the desktop app. This preview showed up earlier on iOS.

In February Telegram said it had more than 100 million monthly active users.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/14/telegram-rolls-out-message-drafts-picture-in-picture-for-ios-video-player-for-android/

A new year means a new Telegram update. Version 3.16 adds in deleting recently sent messaging for everyone, network usage information, t.me short links, and a host of small, but significant, improvements to the Android app.

The big addition is the ability to delete recently sent messages, stopping everyone from seeing them. Telegram's blog entry on v3.16 says this is available up to 48 hours after the message has been sent, so any drunk tweets can be got rid of once you've sobered up a bit. It's not clear, however, if this still works if the recipient(s) has seen the messages.

Network usage information has also been added, so users can see the amounts of mobile data or WiFi that the app has consumed. t.me links, meanwhile, are short versions of the Telegram.me links added in 2014, and can be used for users, groups, or sticker packs.

Finally, many little improvements have been worked into the app, which should enhance the experience for everyone. This includes multiple messages from one sender being grouped together, recently downloaded file list when sharing a file, Gboard integrations for directly sending GIFs, and an app shortcut for Android 7.1.

WHAT'S NEW
v. 3.16
Delete recently sent messages for everyone.
Network Usage in 'Data and Storage' Settings.
App remembers scroll position when switching to another chat and back.
Messages from one sender are grouped together.
Added a floating date to the top of the screen when scrolling.
Recently downloaded files are shown when sharing a file.
Report spam from Secret chats.
Send GIFs directly from Gboard.
Android 7.1: Added fast action menu to home screen.

Telegram 3.16 is available on Google Play now, or we have at it over on APK Mirror if that's more your style.

If you're a Telegram user (hi), then you'll understand how cool this latest news is. The privacy-focused messaging service is finally getting custom theme support on Android, which is just fantastic. You have three basic ones to start, and one of those is dark theme.

Other than that, you get the standard default theme — you know, the one we've all been staring at for a while. The final one is blue, which feels slightly redundant, but, I think that it looks quite nice. The default backgrounds match the theme headers nicely, but you can still have the other image backdrops if you feel so inclined.

In addition to that, Telegram now comes with a theme editor in the app to create your own look (which was also recently added to the desktop version). You can also visit the @Themes channel to take a look at what other users have come up with. Personally, I am liking the Holo/Tron feel to the new dark theme, so I'll probably stick with that for now (though, a darker Hangouts look would be cool, too).

The blog post claims that 85% of Android users should have this by now, but if you happen to be in the other 15%, you can grab the latest update from APKMirror. iOS will be getting the update in the coming weeks, too.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/20/telegram-v3-17-brings-long-overdue-support-custom-themes/

Sarkar said:
What is telegram doing in 2017? Isn't it dead already?
Lol... Telegram still has 100 million users bro!!

Sarkar said:
I thought bsnl shut it down in 2013 in India

Thats not BSNL that india post office for old telegram thing. This is secured messaging app with open source client side code.

im_dude said:
Thats not BSNL that india post office for old telegram thing. This is secured messaging app with open source client side code.

Ohh now I understand. First I though why would we need mid 70s Telegraph in modern internet age  :lol 

Thanks for clearing doubt

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock