Seeking Help Suggest me a TV

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 55
  • Views: Views 6,601
There is a noticeable difference.

We have a 32" Full HD TV, while our neighbour has a 32" HD Ready TV. He has subscribed to HD channels and the picture quality is significantly worse than ours.
Are the brands for your and neighbour`s TV same?
Is the lighting similar?
Are both of you using DTH box from same company?
How yours PQ is good/worse compared to your neighbour?

Are the brands for your and neighbour`s TV same?
Ours is a 7 years old Micromax TV.
Neighbours' TV is a Sony. Bought around a couple of years ago (costed about double of ours).

Is the lighting similar?
Haven't measured.

Are both of you using DTH box from same company?
Yes.

How yours PQ is good/worse compared to your neighbour?
Ours look crisp and significantly more detailed. Meanwhile, their's.. well.. looks like 720p. And there's also some amount of pixelation.

in naked eye you can't differentiate between 720p and 1080p and that too on 32inch TV. if you are fascinating about Full HD only then you should go with the option currently available in market otherwise you can go with any 720p tv too. if you are fascinating about some brand then go for that otherwise go for Mi, Redmi, Realme, Oneplus, HiSense, VU, Toshiba, acer, Motorola

Ours is a 7 years old Micromax TV.
Neighbours' TV is a Sony. Bought around a couple of years ago (costed about double of ours).

Haven't measured.

Yes.

Ours look crisp and significantly more detailed. Meanwhile, their's.. well.. looks like 720p. And there's also some amount of pixelation.
bro , it also depends on what settings they are using in sony tv if not used properly it wont give desired output , if used well it would give better view without pixelation and better viewing experience .

Last edited:
bro partially it also depends on what settings they are using in sony tv if not used properly it wont give desired output , if used well it would give better view without pixelation and better viewing experience compared to micromax one .
I just said what I, or any normal human would observe. It would take days and lot of work to calibrate both in such a way that it is a fair comparison. There are just too many variables.

Now, is it really worth it to pay almost double for same specs (or similar price for a inferior spec) for a "premium" brand is totally upto the buyer to decide. And I will respect their decision either ways. Because after buying a product, there shouldn't be the thought that "maybe I should've bought that product instead.. maybe I would've gotten a better experience with the other one.. maybe I should've gone with my gut instead of person x, y or z's recommendation". At the end of the day, personal satisfaction is what matters.

If going for cheaper TV definitely recommend you to buy extended warranty remember some companies sell service warranty in name of extended warranty specially Flipkart.

There is a noticeable difference.

We have a 32" Full HD TV, while our neighbour has a 32" HD Ready TV. He has subscribed to HD channels and the picture quality is significantly worse than ours.
Which DTH? Also, how's the comparison when you watch OTT content?

Tata Play.

Haven't watched OTT. The Sony TV that they have is a smart TV, but not Android. I don't know what it is. It has a few selection of OTT apps but they don't have subscription or broadband connection.
I guessed it. Tata Play has known pixelation issues with HD channel PQ on Sony TVs. There's a long thread from me on it on DDF. You should either compare the quality using some other DTH or on OTT. I doubt you'll see much difference if you compare that way.

Returned Realme 32 inch FHD TV yesterday & flipkart processed refund on that.

Looking for future I want to buy 43 inch 4K UHD TV (LG & Samsung brand preferred & Sony can't afford).
Some non premium brands gives some excellent features like Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HLG MEMC & 4K upscaling but for these features I have to compromise in picture quality which I don't want to do.

If any suggestions around 30K?

Features I want : HDR/HDR10/HDR10+, better 4K upscaling, any MEMC like technology which can somehow reduce motion blur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock