Seeking Help Suggest me a phone

Shantanu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope you're doing well!

I am planning to buy a phone in the coming sales. Please suggest me a phone based on following requirements

• Budget:Upto 30K to 35k
  • Performance requirements: Average (Not a gamer)
  • Camera: Should be superior
  • No Chinese brands. I prefer samsung but fine with OnePlus, Google pixel, etc as well
  • Few in my mind: Samsung galaxy A 53, Google pixel 6A
Please let me know your suggestion.

Solution
Since you mentioned Camera should be superior, I recommend you to get an iPhone or Pixel. If you are ok with iOS, iPhone 11 will be available below 30k in the upcoming BBD sale on Flipkart. I'm not sure if there are going to be any discounts on iPhone 12 regular version (iPhone 12 mini will be available for 40k), but if there are deals on this, it's a great choice. If you prefer Android only, Pixel 6a could be a good choice, as that will also be getting huge discount.
Your top choice
1. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
2. Nothing Phone 1
3. Moto Edge 30 Fusion
4. Xiaomi 11T Pro
5. Realme GT 2 Pro
6. Samsung Galaxy A73

Don't buy Galaxy A53 at any costs.

Last edited:
Why not samsung Galaxy S21 FE?
It's a good device on paper. However, I personally had a bad experience with Samsung device (S7 edge) and I don't trust their durability. After one year of usage, their devices tend to slow down and are prone to have hardware failures. That's why I didn't recommend it. On the other hand, I'm currently having both an iPhone 12 (2 year old) and a Pixel 3a (3 year old) and both are still going strong.

It's a good device on paper. However, I personally had a bad experience with Samsung device (S7 edge) and I don't trust their durability. After one year of usage, their devices tend to slow down and are prone to have hardware failures. That's why I didn't recommend it. On the other hand, I'm currently having both an iPhone 12 (2 year old) and a Pixel 3a (3 year old) and both are still going strong.
Your only option now is iPhones. Google Pixel has signal reception issues on all the carriers due to Exynos Aka tensor chip. It's widespread issue. Avoid that. You can try nothing phone as well.

Exactly. I bought Galaxy S8, which became too much slow within 1 yr.

After one year of usage, their devices tend to slow down and are prone to have hardware failures.
Exactly. I bought Galaxy S8, which became too much slow within 1 yr.

Right. It's an widespread issue with Samsung phones. We can see 100s of such complaints in consumer forums and social media. Because of these issues, I usually never recommend Samsung phones to any of my family or my customers.

Please exclude brands like realme, moto or Xiaomi

Actually these brands do better than Samsung phones in terms of durability. I have bought a lot of phones from these brands for my family and customers and never received a complaint so far. Even myself have used Redmi Note 4 for 3 years, and using Poco X2 for past 2 years and never had any hardware issues. On the other hand, my dad's Samsung phone (he is one of those who believes Samsung rocks 😜) has seen service centre multiple times.

It's true, 5-10 years ago, that these brands do not offer good specs as Samsung or other top brands (like LG, Sony during those days). But the scenario have changed now. Every brand use same/similar SoC, same RAM, similar camera setup etc. It runs down to the camera sensor and the display panel which decides the price point of that device. And the brand names add additional value and cost to it.

imo we just need to look at the specs what we need, service centre availability in our area. Brand should be the last thing we look at. But end of the day, it's our purchase, our money so we have the right to pick any brand we prefer.

Taking your replies on this thread into consideration, iPhones seems to be the right choice. Google Pixel 6A also seems to have issues out of the box, but expected to be fixed.

Actually I have been using samsung for so long and huge fan of one UI. I do not use phone for gaming so performance is not a very big deal. Apart from that I am also planning to take extended warranty of 1 year and whatever reviews I found so far are good for this one. I will still consider pixel 6a but bit inclined towards Samsung.
Because your requirement is superior camera phone right.
But samsung has nice reviews for camera as well

imo we just need to look at the specs what we need, service centre availability in our area. Brand should be the last thing we look at. But end of the day, it's our purchase, our money so we have the right to pick any brand we prefer.
Thanks bro for your honest opinion. Despite I agree with you I am bit inclined towards Samsung 😄
Your top choice
1. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
2. Nothing Phone 1
3. Moto Edge 30 Fusion
4. Xiaomi 11T Pro
5. Realme GT 2 Pro
6. Samsung Galaxy A73

Don't buy Galaxy A53 at any costs.
A73 looks a bit subpar as compared S21 FE in the reviews.

Actually I have been using samsung for so long and huge fan of one UI. I do not use phone for gaming so performance is not a very big deal. Apart from that I am also planning to take extended warranty of 1 year and whatever reviews I found so far are good for this one. I will still consider pixel 6a but bit inclined towards Samsung.

But samsung has nice reviews for camera as well

Thanks bro for your honest opinion. Despite I agree with you I am bit inclined towards Samsung 😄

A73 looks a bit subpar as compared S21 FE in the reviews.
You should have written this in your first post bro 😂

But samsung has nice reviews for camera as well.
Okay. Nice is not same as superior..😛

If you are FAN of One UI, Check any other Samsung mobile with Qualcom processor(May be even A73 model). As per my experience Samsung Exynos processors tend to become too much slow.

I think you don't need to take extra warranty as it will not cover device sluggishness over period of time (until unless you are spending huge amount).

If you are a FAN of specific brand, even GOD can't change the mind 😂. But still consider not to buy Exynos processor.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock