Seeking Help Suggest a laptop for my reporter brother!

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 2,872

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys my cousin brother is print media reporter and he need to generate report on the go basis.
So, guys I need you to suggest me a laptop with good built quality, good battery life, and genuine space.
Remember Just need laptop for basic stuff life typing, storing and office stuff no gaming. He is looking for cheapest one from genuine company.

ssd is the not the much disadvantage for basic usuage hdd enough on ms office
Agreed, but longevity of the laptop must also be considered. My 7y old laptop with a Pentium processor had to undergo the SSD upgrade because HDD just wouldn't respond/get stuck majority times.

Another option that @hike bro can consider is to buy the laptop @Gobinaath bro says, then replace the HDD with a 250/512GB SATA SSD... Very cheap on Amazon...

I wouldn't recommend to buy a laptop without SSD in 2020. Windows 10 runs slow 🐢 on HDD, I've one C2D PC with SSD and running Windows 10 version 2004, feels much faster and responsive than one of my i3 4th Gen laptop that has HDD on it.

Even for basic tasks I will recommended you to buy laptop with SSD and at least 8GB RAM.

Sure, you can buy laptop with 4GB RAM and hdd, but you will have to upgrade it to make it faster.

However, if you can run Ubuntu or any other Linux distro, then you can get away with 4GB RAM and HDD. Linux doesn't use much resources and it works faster in most of the computers even with HDD.

Last edited:
only those can understand the speed difference who are using Laptop/desktop at home with SSD and in office without SSD.
I operate my office PC which doesn't has SSD but having i5/8GB Ram but slow like hell.

I wouldn't recommend to buy a laptop without SSD in 2020. Windows 10 runs slow 🐢 on HDD, I've one C2D PC with SSD and running Windows 10 version 2004, feels much faster and responsive than one of my i3 4th Gen laptop that has HDD on it.

Even for basic tasks I will recommended you to buy laptop with SSD and at least 8GB RAM.

Sure, you can buy laptop with 4GB RAM and hdd, but you will have to upgrade it to make it faster.

However, if you can run Ubuntu or any other Linux distro, then you can get away with 4GB RAM and HDD. Linux doesn't use much resources and it works faster in most of the computers even with HDD.
Agreed, but longevity of the laptop must also be considered. My 7y old laptop with a Pentium processor had to undergo the SSD upgrade because HDD just wouldn't respond/get stuck majority times.

Another option that @hike bro can consider is to buy the laptop @Gobinaath bro says, then replace the HDD with a 250/512GB SATA SSD... Very cheap on Amazon...
ssd is the not the much disadvantage for basic usuage hdd enough on ms office yes want original version have to pay else alternative ways are there 🙂
Then recommend with SSD 🙏

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock