Suddenly all my Smart devices has stopped using interent on my wi-fi. All are not working on DHCP only if I use static IP

It would be nice to have details of your hardware. Looks like you have some internal complications.

1. Which one do you have ?

Binatone or Mi router

Mi router comes with an app. If available, reset all settings. Also, try with a single router and see whether you are facing the issue

Which problem mentioned by me you think will be solved by Resetting the Mi router? I have done that already, multiple times.

Please provide clear details to get proper answers. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
  • Are you trying to connect mi router with your Airtel router?
  • Are you connecting the two routers using Ethernet cable?
  • Have you configured both routers prior to use?
  • DHCP has to be enabled for your first router and disabled for second, to avoid IP conflicts.
  • The IP address of both routers have to be manually set to avoid conflicts.
  • The gateway of 2nd router should point to IP address of first router.
  • SSID and passphrase has to be set to same on both routers.

Both are different issue for me

I didn't say they are same. But related. So easy to follow and get answers if kept in one place.

Please provide clear details to get proper answers. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
  • Are you trying to connect mi router with your Airtel router?
  • Are you connecting the two routers using Ethernet cable?
  • Have you configured both routers prior to use?
  • DHCP has to be enabled for your first router and disabled for second, to avoid IP conflicts.
  • The IP address of both routers have to be manually set to avoid conflicts.
  • The gateway of 2nd router should point to IP address of first router.
  • SSID and passphrase has to be set to same on both routers.

I didn't say they are same. But related. So easy to follow and get answers if kept in one place.

Are you trying to connect mi router with your Airtel router?

Yes. Using Airtel ADSL router from 1 year. Connected it with Mi Router today. PPPoE not working so it's connected as Extender I guess.

Are you connecting the two routers using Ethernet cable?
Yes

Have you configured both routers prior to use?
Airtel ADSL was already configured. Mi Router I configured.

DHCP has to be enabled for your first router and disabled for second, to avoid IP conflicts.

Where to check if it's enabled or disabled in Airtel Router? I guess the DHCP problem started when I tried to connected Mi Router with it. Is it possible that Mi Routed would have changed the DHCP setting of main ADSL router?

The gateway of 2nd router should point to IP address of first router.
in 2nd router
MiWi-Fi%2BRouter%2B2020-01-25%2B22-10-50.png

SSID and passphrase has to be set to same on both routers.
in case PPPoE or DHCP or Static? And if SSID will be same, how will we know that with which Wi-Fi I am connecting

Last edited:
  1. The DHCP settings will be available under network settings or LAN settings. Varies with brands and models. And it's ON by default. So it's better to check router2 to turn it off. (Also make sure it's kept on in router1)
  2. Why the DNS of router2 is something irrelevant? Set it to either the IP address of router 1 or to any public dns like Google.
  3. SSID and passphrase should be same on both routers irrelevant of mode of connection.

1. The DHCP settings will be available under network settings or LAN settings. Varies with brands and models. And it's ON by default. So it's better to check router2 to turn it off. (Also make sure it's kept on in router1)
  2. Why the DNS of router2 is something irrelevant? Set it to either the IP address of router 1 or to any public dns like Google.
  3. SSID and passphrase should be same on both routers irrelevant of mode of connection.

Thanks I will check all these. But even if I keep the Mi router's aside. I am having issues with main router. Not able to connect any device directly, need to change IP settings from DHCP to static to make them work

I have these setting for DHCP in 1st router.

It was on "Attain DNS automatically" before today but Airtel engineer changed to Manual to solve the problem.

Router%2B2020-01-25%2B22-33-26.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock