Stop buying Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phones. You will regret it.

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 53
  • Views Views: Views 2,802

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been using Xiaomi phones since last 7 years. All of my devices are working till date. None had any serious issue except for the occasional bootloop issue which has happened across all devices from Redmi Note 3 to Poco C3. Atleast back than we didn't had to wipe the entire data to get back to the OS. Also the OS was not so laggy. A 4 GB ram feels like one of those Micromax's 500 mb ram phones of early 2010s. Than also with 90% of the system apps disabled. Phone lags even without apps like Facebook and WhatsApp which is just hilarious.

Coming to my current device which is Poco M4 5G. I face this bootloop issue while on a call where my phone got stuck on Poco logo. It not only got stuck on Poco logo for hours. I could trigger the fastboot option either. Meanwhile my phone got it. Somehow I managed to get the option to boot to home and my phone switched on. After an hour. The bootloop thing again happened. I had to wipe everything. Thankfully, I saved everything on cloud. It wasn't an issue for me. Than again after setting up everything again and testing my phone by rebooting. It got stuck in logo again. This time I just left it. It itself gave me recovery option to wipe everything. Than I did. It's working fine since than. I was searching about the issue. It's a very common issue across all Xiaomi devices across the world. It's a known problem since months . Xiaomi has shamelessly done nothing to fix it or notify it's users about the issue. I just feel bad for people who has lost their data because of pathetic OS pushed by Xiaomi in the name of MIUI and HyperOS.

The worst part about all this is Xiaomi is one OEM who is offering phones with good specs under ₹10000. This will lead to more people falling into trap. Despite known hardware issues I bought a Poco phone because of prior positive experience. Ever since than I have faced several software issues. Even now 5G signals hasn't returned since I wipe my cache. It's best to stay away from some washed up brand. Remember Samsung had their downfalls too when there flagship phones were exploding and foldables were breaking. They recovered from it. Meanwhile a washed up company like Xiaomi can only make it's customer fool. Nothing more than that.

Last edited:
We have already stop buying Chinese phones after Chinese virus (Covid), now we are buying Samsung and apple phones to our entire family
You missed one of my points. That alternatives are too expensive. You won't get a decent Samsung or any non Chinese device around ₹15k. Apple is just out of question. Indian brands are hopeless.

I had bought 2 mi11x phones (around 22k each) a couple of years ago for my mom and aunt usage - both running well so far...

Recently bought Xiaomi 14 pro for around 60k - hopefully it will run fine - these are not heavy use - just regular media consumption, browsing, chatting etc

I have used many Xiaomi phones... presently I have RN10 pro, RN 12 pro plus 5G,Poco X6 pro 5G...there r 2 more -RN 7pro by using my grand daughter and Redmi prime by daughter in law ..
Redmi A1 and 2 other' used and sold it
I /we never faced any issues...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom