Star Sports to broadcast maiden Asia Cup T20I series in English and Hindi

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 2,728

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The subcontinent’s cricketing titans are all set to clash in an explosion of sporting drama starting 24th February as they vie to emerge victorious at the Asia Cup 2016.

India will start off their campaign against the hosts Bangladesh in the tournament opener on 24th February, then taking on their arch-rivals Pakistan on 27th February, opening a new chapter in their epic rivalry. The tournament guarantees a riveting battle for supremacy between three World T20 champions and an emerging challenger.

The Asia Cup is the only multinational tournament in international cricket apart from the ICC Events. Traditionally played in the 50 over format, this year’s edition of the biennial tournament will be played in the T20 format for the first-time in its history, adding fast-paced excitement to what already promises to be a sizzling contest.

The Asia Cup assumes even greater significance than usual this year. Played in the T20 format, it will allow competing teams to hone their skills and try out different team line-ups and combinations in preparation for the ICC World T20, which starts on March 8th 2016.

Commenting on the upcoming tournament, President of the ACC, Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala said “The Asia Cup marks one of the most important events in the cricketing calendar for the Asian countries and it will be a good build up to the ICC World T20 later this year. I am aware the officials have worked tirelessly to make this event a success and I thank them for their efforts.  Let me take this opportunity to wish all participating teams the very best of luck, and hope the teams play the tournament in the true spirit of the game.”

[http://tvnews4u]

Sanjay Gupta, COO – Star India

In the addition to the aforementioned teams, one of UAE, Oman, Hong Kong and Afghanistan (Associate Nations) will get the unique opportunity to be in mix with these sub-continental giants for the Asia Cup. Associate Nations will compete in qualifiers starting 19th February in Bangladesh.

Star India bagged the media rights of the Asia Cup earlier this year in a deal which will run until 2023 and also include the Women’s Asia Cup, Emerging Asia Cup and Under-19 Asia Cup. The tournament will be telecast live across the broadcaster’s network.

http://tvnews4u.com/events/star-sports-to-broadcast-maiden-asia-cup-t20i-series-in-english-and-hindi/

Rubbish approach from Starv sports

All they need is to add Hindi feed in channels rather than wasting channels for the same content

CEO of star sports is the worlds most incompetent person ever the way he is managing star sports channels

dreambox.pk said:

All they need is to add Hindi feed in channels rather than wasting channels for the same content

CEO of star sports is the worlds most incompetent person ever the way he is managing star sports channels
Agreed

dreambox.pk said:

On Star Sports 3 even the scorecard is in Hindi, so if they provide hindi audio feed on SS 1 still the scorecard can't be changed to Hindi. Moreover in many Cable, we can't change the audio language., so that will be problematic.

You should realise that even they might have thought about it :)

dreambox.pk said:

:no still some areas are not digitalized :k

ABCDEFGH said:
On Star Sports 3 even the scorecard is in Hindi, so if they provide hindi audio feed on SS 1 still the scorecard can't be changed to Hindi. Moreover in many Cable, we can't change the audio language., so that will be problematic.

& also hindi analysis (match point , kent live etc.]

Most importantly revenue from 2 channels rather then 1. Also in some MSOs, Star Sports 3 is available in lower packs as compared to SS1.

ABCDEFGH said:

Cable operator can change audio option according to population type and if some one cant understand English score card he/she dont understand cricket

dreambox.pk said:
if some one cant understand English score card he/she dont understand cricket

Thats the most Stupidest Thing, i have heard in a while :s:u

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock