SRK banned from entering Wankhede for 5 years

ssparikshya

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on Friday banned Kolkata Knight Riders owner and superstar Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium for five years after a rigid standoff between the two.

On Wednesday, the MCA filed a police complaint against the Bollywood star for abusing and assaulting its officials in an inebriated state; the Bollywood star, in turn, sought an apology from the association for security guards shoving his daughter and other kids around and its officials' "unpardonable" behaviour.

The conflict erupted around 11.30pm on Wednesday after Team Kolkata's 32-run rout of Team Mumbai. By many accounts, a large group of children accompanying Khan tried entering the stadium's field to play but were stopped by security personnel at the boundary line. Khan said the guards "manhandled" some children to hold them back and "touched little girls in the garb of security". This led to an argument, in which Khan and his associates allegedly abused and shoved MCA officials and security guards.

The MCA version differed greatly. In a complaint filed at Marine Drive police station, MCA secretary Nitin Dalal said Khan and his entourage "entered the ground without proper accreditation along with 15-20 boys". "When a young girl wished him... Mr Shah Rukh Khan abused her in most dirty and vulgar language (like f*** off)... an MCA watchman came forward and asked everyone to vacate the stadium. Shah Rukh charged at the watchman and hit him and continued to use abusive language like f*** MCA, f*** BCCI," the complaint asserted.

Based on the complaint, the police filed a non-cognizable offence against Khan and two of his associates and invoked Sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the Indian Penal Code. The MCA's managing committee will meet at 11am on Friday to decide on a lifetime ban on Khan from Wankhede.

Several voices could be heard abusing one another on an audio clip of the Wednesday brawl, which went viral on the internet. At one point, an official can be heard telling Khan: "You talk properly." In response, Khan asks the official to "talk properly". Later, someone is heard saying: "T*** m** k* c****, m********."

In an impromptu press conference called at his home, Khan said that his children and their friends were playing with a ball near the field on Wednesday night when he saw from "upstairs that a security guard was manhandling them".

"It is unpardonable for security officials to physically touch little girls in the garb of security. I came downstairs to tell them not to misbehave with the children. It was the MCA officials who started the tirade, one gentleman came to the spot and said something in Marathi that is unrepeatable. That made me angry and if children with me are misbehaved with, I will behave this way time and again. Yes, I did get angry but I think the officials need to look at their own behaviour first."

Khan denied he was drunk - a claim made by MCA as well as by its member ACP Iqbal Shaikh - and dismissed the proposed ban from Wankhede, saying: "If this is the treatment that is meted out, I would not want to be there myself.... I will call Deshmukh. I will write a complaint about their behaviour." He also refuted allegations of him abusing a female fan. "It would be very small of me at this age and day to do something like that."

Like the Team Kolkata owner, the MCA too stuck to its guns. Its treasurer Ravi Savant said: "Shah Rukh Khan misbehaved and abused MCA security personnel as well as its officials, including our president, Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the match." Deshmukh added: "Despite (MCA) officials attempting to pacify him, Shah Rukh Khan attacked them and used abusive language. The MCA managing committee has recommended a ban and will take a final call."

TOI

Still BCCI has not given any confirmation on this.
MCA can not banned anyone on their own. They need BCCI's final permission.

Shah Rukh Khan banned from Wankhede for 5 years, but BCCI may intervene

Mumbai: Shah Rukh Khan, the owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders, has been banned by the the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium for five years. The MCA, which administers Wankhede, says it is well within its right to bar the popular actor from entering the stadium, but the the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) says it has the last word on the matter.

The head of the MCA, Vilasrao Deshmukh, announced the association's decision to ban Shah Rukh this morning. He said after his fight at the stadium on Wednesday night, the actor had "shown no regrets for his action and behaviour...in fact, he justified his actions of manhandling security guards and abusing MCA officials." Mr Deshmukh said that the MCA considered a life ban but then unanimously decided that they would ban him from the stadium for five years to send a message to everyone.

In Delhi, Mr Deshmukh's cabinet colleague and fellow Congressman Rajiv Shukla, who is chairman of the IPL, said the MCA could propose a ban, but the BCCI would make a final call.

A police complaint has been registered against the actor for voluntarily causing hurt and for criminal intimidation - because this is a non-cognizable offence, SRK as he is known cannot be arrested. The police will study all the statements made so far by everyone involved in the incident, including eyewitnesses, to chalk out the exact sequence of events and then will corroborate it with CCTV footage from stadium. The MCA reportedly reviewed the footage before announcing its decision today.

Shah Rukh Khan said on Thursday that he was provoked after security guards touched a group of children he was accompanying, which included his daughter. Photographs of the brawl show his daughter, holding his arm as he confronts officials and the guard. The MCA says that the actor should recognize that officials showed "great restraint" in how they handled the situation. "If anybody behaves like this...whosoever it may be...action will be taken," Mr Deshmukh said. He also said that while the actor has said he was trying to protect children, no complaint has been registered by SRK against the guards or officials.

The trouble began on Wednesday night when SRK's team was playing the Mumbai Indians. SRK did not attend the match but arrived there later to pick up his children and their friends. In his police complaint, the security guard, Vikas Dalvi, says he saw SRK and his entourage in the players' dressing room and asked them to vacate it because it can only be used by team members. The actor and his entourage then tried to walk onto the grounds of the stadium, the guard says. Mr Dalvi says when he tried to stop them, he was told "We have bought this place...who are you to stop us?" Mr Dalvi's complaint says that three members of Shah Rukh's entourage pushed him.

A complaint by an official of the MCA, Nitin Dalal, who was present during the fight states that SRK appeared drunk and used abusive language against officials, including obliquely against Mr Deshmukh.

Shah Rukh Khan has categorically denied that he was drunk when he went to the stadium. Or that he pushed or manhandled anyone. He admits he used abusive language; he says he got angry when he saw stadium officials pushing the children, who were playing with a ball on the sidelines.

Fitness expert Deanne Pandey, whose children were among those that had accompanied Shah Rukh Khan's children to the stadium said, "My son was there with SRK & other kids, @iamsrk did the right thing by protecting our babies, why doesn't the media/officers see that, so angry," she had tweeted. The photograph used here shows the children playing on the field.
He has also found much support in the film industry.

NDTV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock