Bitdefender's weird System Requirement for it's activation

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
I was having performance issues on my Windows 7 (yes 7, i know :p) PC with Kaspersky Security Cloud because of its resource hungry background and rootkit scans and was looking for an lightweight alternative.. i shortlisted few software and Bitdefender was one of them. i never used it before, so i thought of giving it a try ahead of the ones which i have used before. In order to activate Bitdefender, it said I need to have an account at Bitdefender Central and hence i clicked on Create account button on the activation UI. The next screen was something i didn't expect...

suCuMYt.jpg

It was asking me to upgrade IE in order to access Bitdefender Central to create an account. Seriously?? 2022?? IE?? Wake up, Bitdefender..

Then i checked their website for system requirement and guess what....

gsmPxi2.jpg

Why would one of the top rated antivirus software keep a browser which is used by very meager % of people across the world as their mandatory system requirement. And you want to know the icing on the cake. here it is: Bitdefender Central ends support for Internet Explorer 11 :hehe:

i had to uninstall the software as updating IE would require a lot of other windows update as well, which i don't want to do. if any of you have found a way to bypass this requirement to activate Bitdefender, please do share.

For me it was simple. The created the Bitdefender Central account through the website and then downloaded and installed the full Bitdefender app (not the installer) and then logged in. That's it.
This was about 2 Years ago. I used Chrome for everything.

For me it was simple. The created the Bitdefender Central account through the website and then downloaded and installed the full Bitdefender app (not the installer) and then logged in. That's it.
This was about 2 Years ago. I used Chrome for everything.

Where did you download the offline installer??

Where did you download the offline installer??
Sorry, I don't remember. It's been long.

I remember downloading the offline installer because I used to get only 1GB/day. And when installing through the online installer, you have to download and install it at once. You can't pause it. Also, connecting my Mobile Hotspot to the PC meant Windows would suck up my daily quota in an instant. So, I downloaded the offline installer on my smartphone and then installed it on my PC.

Last edited:
For me it was simple. The created the Bitdefender Central account through the website and then downloaded and installed the full Bitdefender app (not the installer) and then logged in.

Thanks for the tip. I created the Bitdefender Central account through the website and then installed it from it's dashboard. Now it directly went to the activation page and didn't ask for login. :cheers::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock