Spotify - News & Updates

Spotify has secured another deal in India to fill much of the remaining void in its catalog in the country.

The Swedish music streaming service said on Monday it has partnered with Indian music label Saregama to bring more than 100,000 retro and new age songs in over 2 dozen languages to users in one of the largest entertainment markets in Asia.

Spotify signs deal with Saregama to add more than 100,000 tracks to India catalog – TechCrunch
But this was signed on April 1st as per post 179. What did they sign again @Prithi Deb bro?

But this was signed on April 1st as per post 179. What did they sign again @Prithi Deb bro?
The deal was signed on 1st April, but the songs weren't available then. Now they've been added.

The Editor updated the article with this:
T4lvyTn.png

He also tweeted this yesterday:
Source

Spotify is finally rolling out Group Sessions for listening to music with your friends

After first being spotted in testing nearly a year ago, Spotify is finally rolling out Group Sessions. The feature allows you and your friends to listen to music together and have access to a group queue. Everyone can add music, remove music, reorder the list, and control what’s playing.

i4NQd91.jpg

EmlM7Hc.jpg

nPyjru7.jpg

To create a Group Session, tap the “device connect” button on the music player screen. There’s a new “Start a group session” section with your profile photo and a barcode. Friends can scan the code to join, or you can tap “Scan to join” someone else’s group. The music will play from the speakers of the original device, but it can also be casted to speakers.

Spotify rolls out real-time lyrics in 26 markets, including India

Spotify is adding real-time lyrics that will be available in 26 markets across the globe. Real-time lyrics on Spotify are powered by Musixmatch. The real-time lyrics can be spotted by scrolling down on the player UI – i.e. the same place where you usually find Behind the Lyrics or Storyline snippets which are powered by Genius. The feature also supports multiple languages and will display lyrics in the same language as the song.

Last edited:

Spotify is adding real-time lyrics that will be available in 26 markets across the globe. Real-time lyrics on Spotify are powered by Musixmatch. The real-time lyrics can be spotted by scrolling down on the player UI – i.e. the same place where you usually find Behind the Lyrics or Storyline snippets which are powered by Genius. The feature also supports multiple languages and will display lyrics in the same language as the song.
It's broken for indian songs....

It's available for me now. Even on free account.

1Atg3cO.png

XsYRMHd.png

Spotify expands Premium Duo subscription

Spotify today announced it is expanding Premium Duo, a feature that allows two people who live at the same place — say couples or flatmates — to share one subscription plan while maintaining their own individual accounts, to dozens of new markets.

Premium Duo is a remarkable concept from Spotify, which it first began testing in March last year and expanded to 19 markets months later. Starting Wednesday, Spotify Premium Duo is now available in 55 markets.

The new subscription offering is remarkable mostly because it’s solving a problem that very few people face today. At a glance, it appears that Premium Duo is designed to help people save money and gain access to a shared playlist that represents music they both cherish.

Spotify expands Premium Duo subscription tier aimed at couples to US, India, dozens of other markets – TechCrunch

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock