Sports In Daily Newspapers

• Thread starter M@zh@R
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 4,288
No problem for me as he is giving name as Sorce.Is it nessecery to get a link?Copy the title and serach in google that topic if you really want to go there.

Regards,

Mr.sudhansu said:
ohh sorry i am not hearting u
iam telling its too long and not normal to read
please give link instead.........

sorry............ sorry ...........sorry

Bapun Raz said:
Ss if you can't do good posting then don't break others heart.We team is here to see all.You just keep your work and we can see all.First try to correct you then others.Also your words like- yesssssssss,gooddddddddd,funyyyyyyy,.....and other Damn cheap words are giving us problem whyn't you are correcting them first.

Regards,

some times not regularly:)

Paes-Bhupathi reaches quarterfinals of US Open

1532vco.jpg

Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi advanced to the quarterfinals of the men’s doubles competition of the US Open with a straight-set victory over compatriot Somdev Devvarman and his Filipino partner Treat Conrad Huey in an almost all-Indian clash here.

The fourth seeded Indian pair prevailed over Somdev and Treat 6-4, 7-5 in a pre-quarterfinal clash that lasted for an hour and 32 minutes here.

Paes and Bhupathi and will now face sixth seeded Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski in the quarterfinals.

Fyrstenberg and Matkowski defeated the British duo of Jaime Delgado and Jonathan Marray 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-3 to enter the last eight.

Somdev and Treat had their moments in the game as the duo troubled the Indian pair with their aces but a series of unforced errors and failure to convert as many as five breakpoints put paid to their hopes.

The Indian express, on the other hand, stayed away from unforced errors and converted two break points out of the seven that came their way. They also hit 37 winners compared to the 30 sent down by Somdev and Treat.

Another Indian, Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi are also in the quarterfinals and will take on unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins for a place in the semis.
Newspaper: The Hindu,New York, September 6, 2011

Ruthless Federer routs Monaco

64ialw.jpg

Roger Federer reached the quarterfinals at a 30th consecutive Grand Slam tournament by making quick work of the 36th-ranked Juan Monaco 6-1, 6-2, 6-0 at the U.S. Open.

Federer’s fourth round match against Monaco didn’t get started until nearly midnight, and thanks to his superb play, it was over shortly before 1.15 a.m.

Federer hit 14 aces, including four in one game. Five of Federer’s record 16 major championships have come at Flushing Meadows. In the quarterfinals, Federer will face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, who eliminated No. 8 Mardy Fish of the United States in five sets on Monday.

Tsonga upset Federer in the Wimbledon quarterfinals two months ago, coming all the way back after dropping the first two sets.
Newspaper:The Hindu, NEW YORK, September 6, 2011

I heard nadal was collapsed in after match press conference... any update ... ???

Nadal wins, then deals with painful leg cramps

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121321/nadal-wins-then-deals-with-painful.html#ixzz1XAiEYIrs

Player power wins as finals schedule is changed

2cp6g4g.jpg

New York: The US Open will slide into a third week after organisers of the last grand slam of the year bowed to player pressure on Thursday and agreed to change the finals schedule.

The women`s singles final, originally set for Saturday night, was moved to Sunday afternoon while the men`s championship decider, initially planned for Sunday, the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, was shifted to Monday.

It is the fourth year in a row that the US Open has gone into overtime because of inclement weather although officials could still have finished on time this year, even after two days were washed out by rain.

Leading players, including the defending men`s champion Rafa Nadal, complained that the men`s draw had become lopsided because of the weather delays, convincing officials and television broadcasters to cave in.

"We revised the schedule for the remainder of the 2011 US Open in an effort to be fair to the players and our ticketholders," tournament director Jim Curley said in a statement.

"This is the result of a collaborative effort with the players, CBS Sports and tournament officials to address the issues that arose from the inclement weather earlier this week."

Nadal, who had led a player revolt against tournament officials who tried to make him compete during the drizzle on Wednesday, was upset that he would have to play four times in four days while players on the other side of the draw would only have to play three times.

"That`s not fair, but that`s what it is," the Spaniard growled. "If you don`t have rest, you have a big chance not (to) be fit enough to play well (in) the next match."

VOCAL SUPPORT

Nadal found some vocal supporters in Andy Roddick, his quarter-final opponent, and Britain`s Andy Murray, who looms in the semis.

"We`re still having to play four matches in four days rather than three in three," Murray said.

"It`s clearly an advantage. Anyone that plays sport will tell you that."

Roddick, who has been embroiled in a series of rows with officials over the state of the courts, said it was time players joined forces and took a stand on issues they felt strongly about.

"I have been trying to tell people that talent normally wins in negotiations," the American added. "If Bono doesn`t want to go on tour, then it all falls apart.

"But until we unite as one voice, then we`re not gonna get what we want. Therefore, we don`t have the right to complain about it."

In each of the last three years, the men`s final has been held over until the Monday because of rain delays, triggering an annual debate over why there is still no roof.

The center courts at both the Australian Open and Wimbledon have retractable roofs, while organisers of the French Open plan to cover up their main court by 2014.

However, the USTA has balked at the idea because of the enormous cost of covering Arthur Ashe Stadium, the largest tennis stadium in the world.
Newspaper: The Hindu

Indo-Pak rivalry at forefront in Asian Champions Trophy final

2h3zskz.jpg

Coach Michael Nobbs and his Indian team have done well to reach the final when short of their star players.

Their confidence sky—high after an unbeaten run in the league stage, a vivacious India will lock horn with arch—rivals Pakistan in what promises to be a cracker of a final in the inaugural Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament here on Sunday.
After their pulsating 2—2 draw in the group match on Friday, the stage is set for another thrilling encounter between the traditional rivals.
In the group match, India fought back after being 0—2 down as both teams played a cautious game intent on reaching the final.
Sunday should see a thriller as both have nothing to lose, though the hockey fans in both the nations would love to see their respective teams to triumph.
India have done well to reach the final. Critics and a host of former players believed that the team without the stars will not be able to deliver. But Michael Nobbs’ team has surprised many.
India is the only unbeaten team in the championship and with a goal difference of +7, it is ahead of the others in the scoring department.
The forward line has been India’s biggest trump card in the Champions Trophy. From the moment, they beat China 5—0, the momentum was there to piggy back on.
Twice, India has fought back from deficits — against Malaysia they were losing 1—2 and drew the match 2—2. Against Pakistan they were down 0—2 and fought back with two goals.
It is that spirit that India would play on in the final against Pakistan.
“This team has handled pressure like pros. They needed an incentive and now the team has got it by playing a final.
Whatever the result, we will throw everything into the match,” India’s coach Nobbs said.

Source:THe Hindu

Stosur ends Aussie drought with U.S. Open title

2ahi4pw.jpg

(Reuters) - Sam Stosur became the first Australian woman in 38 years to win the U.S. Open when she upset American Serena Williams 6-2 6-3 on Sunday in an ill-tempered final.

Stosur played the match of her life to defeat the most formidable player of her generation and capture her first grand slam title, spoiling American hopes of a home-bred champion on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

"I had one of my best days and I'm very fortunate that I had it on this stage in New York," Stosur said during an on-court interview.

"Ever since I started playing it was a dream of mine to be here one day. I don't really know what to say. Serena, you are a fantastic player, great champion and have done wonders for our sport."

Williams, bidding for a fourth U.S. Open crown, failed to reproduce her best after sailing to the final without dropping a set and let her frustrations boil over.

Throughout the second set she repeatedly argued with the chair umpire in a petulant display that rekindled memories of her ungracious exit from the 2009 U.S. Open.

"If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way because you're out of control," Williams said.

While Williams berated the official, Stosur remained a model of composure. The 27-year-old dominated the match from the outset and fully deserved her win, played in front of a raucous Arthur Ashe Stadium crowd.

Stosur, one of the fittest and biggest-hitting players in the women's game, put Williams under pressure from the outset with some thunderbolt returns that pinned the American behind the baseline and attacked her backhand, forcing her to make errors.

Stosur broke Williams's serve twice in the first set, which she wrapped up in 31 minutes, then three times in the second while losing her own serve once.

"She played really well, she's a great player," Williams said. "I tried my hardest but she kept hitting winners and there was nothing I could do."
Source:Retures[/align]

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock