Soon, all Aadhaar holders may get opportunity to opt out !

HOUSE-MD

Reaction score
Government is finalising a proposal to amend the Act, following Supreme Court order upholding it but with conditions.

The government is in the last stages of finalising a proposal to amend the Aadhaar Act to give all citizens an option to withdraw their Aadhaar number, including biometrics and the data.
This follows the Supreme Court judgment in September that upheld the validity of Aadhaar, however, with certain riders.
A Constitution Bench had struck down Section 57 of the Act that allows private entities to use the unique number for verification. The Bench also declared that seeking to link it with bank accounts and SIM cards was unconstitutional.
--
More details: Soon, all Aadhaar holders may get opportunity to opt out - Exclusive: The Hindu.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only document which has my correct DOB, full name, address and everything is Aadhaar and a telecom company wants my only driving license or voters ID. I said i just have Aadhaar and Pan card, accept one of them else im porting out and they happily accepted Pan Card. :D

wow good news., i will opt out of it.

I too wish all my biometrics removed and only details can be retained co i can use it as an ID card. Only a very few places has my biometrics and i trust them but Aadhaar status is confusing.

Pancard is linked with Aadhaar so if you pay IT then it may not be possible unless there is another workaround. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock