Breaking SonyLIV 2.0 Pricing

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 2,045
Hotstar @₹1499/- p.a. is a much better value proposition.

Whatever Sonyliv's content used to be a differentiator is gone. Animax is gone, international niche channels are absent and Espn content is no longer present.

Crappy PQ and buggy interface.

Like I had said before, unless these Indian OTT app developers give users choice to stream at 1080p, 720p, 480p, their high settings are mostly crappy.

Although, Discovery Plus & Hotstar's PQ at high settings are very comendable.

Likewise, Netflix, Amazon prime mentions resolutions almost clearly or gives you resolution choices.

I have seen SonyLiv Live sports content and other content in 1080p before which is no longer available now. Even Live channels used to stream in 108op on FIre TV Stick app. That's gone, plus the stability (which was anyway crappy before too). Doesn't deserve the hike in price. They are betting big on Sports content

I have seen SonyLiv Live sports content and other content in 1080p before which is no longer available now. Even Live channels used to stream in 108op on FIre TV Stick app. That's gone, plus the stability (which was anyway crappy before too). Doesn't deserve the hike in price. They are betting big on Sports content

All Sony Channels are streaming on Jio TV and Airtel Xtreme. Sony Liv is available for Free for Idea and Vodafone users on their respective apps. If they are betting big on Sports, for Mobile users, they are absolutely available for free one way or other with even better quality also if they are streaming on Jio or Airtel Xtreme.

All Sony Channels are streaming on Jio TV and Airtel Xtreme. Sony Liv is available for Free for Idea and Vodafone users on their respective apps. If they are betting big on Sports, for Mobile users, they are absolutely available for free one way or other with even better quality also if they are streaming on Jio or Airtel Xtreme.
JIo and Airtel quality is also 720p at third class bitrate. SonyLiv used to give 1080p at high bitrate. For the current pricing to make sense, they should continue that quality for sports content, or else it will see a big drop in subscription

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock