Sony PlayStation relaunch begins

Napster

Reaction score
Sony has announced that it will begin restoring its online PlayStation video game network on Sunday.
The phased restoration of services will begin in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.

The move comes more than three weeks after Sony discovered a huge security breach that led to the theft of personal data from millions of users.

The firm said its expects to have the network, including Qriocity services, fully restored by the end of May.

The restoration of Japanese and Asian services would begin soon, it added.
'Aggressive action'
Sony said it had implemented "new and additional security measures" that would provide users with better protection.

These were designed in conjunction with a number of external security firms, the company said, and include increased encryption levels and additional firewalls.

"I'd like to send my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this incident has caused you, and want to thank you for all the kind patience you've shown as we worked through the restoration process," said Kazuo Hirai, Sony's executive deputy president.

He added the company was taking "aggressive action" to resolve the security issues and was making "consumer protection a full-time, company-wide commitment".

The company said it would be offering a "welcome back" package to users that included some "premium content".

bbc.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock