Discussion Smartphones supporting Carrier aggregation

Not a single phone supports mmWave bands in India.
When I enter the hidden network engineering mode on my Moto Edge 30 through *#*#4636#*#* it shows me this list of enabled bands for LTE, 5G NR in Standalone and non-standalone modes. Do you have an idea why it shows bands which moto says it doesn't support?
jl5XAL1.png

Last edited:
5G is not even reaching to tier 2/3 towns even after one year. If that happens, I will be most surprised person.
It is okay to purchase a 4G phone now? Actually my cousin (female) wants to purchase a new phone. But is confused between realme 9 4G and realme 9 Pro 5G. Her priority is mainly Camera, and she consumes a lot of content (YouTube, TV Shows, etc). realme 9 4G has an AMOLED Display and 108MP camera. While realme 9 5G has 5G but no AMOLED Display, also Camera is 64MP and that too a Samsung sensor, not Sony. I recommended her to get Moto G71 5G, but she said she didn't like the design of it and is skeptical of the brand in general. She will use the phone for atleast 3 to 4 years.
What should I do? Should I tell her to go with Moto G71?

My phone Nord CE 5G only supports N78 band and 2CR carrier aggression

So, if i get 5G sim how well it will work as it supports only one band

It will work fine with all 3 telcos. They will launch 5G on n78 only in initial stage.

It is okay to purchase a 4G phone now? Actually my cousin (female) wants to purchase a new phone. But is confused between realme 9 4G and realme 9 Pro 5G. Her priority is mainly Camera, and she consumes a lot of content (YouTube, TV Shows, etc). realme 9 4G has an AMOLED Display and 108MP camera. While realme 9 5G has 5G but no AMOLED Display, also Camera is 64MP and that too a Samsung sensor, not Sony. I recommended her to get Moto G71 5G, but she said she didn't like the design of it and is skeptical of the brand in general. She will use the phone for atleast 3 to 4 years.
go with G82 only for screen, or else G71 is very good

@Prithi Deb bro, one must be really really skeptical of BBK Electronics (as well as xiaomi) brand(s) more than Motorola, imho. HW in a phone is a body, SW is Jeevan / life. BBK phones have Jeevan POLLUTED (reason in Point 5), which lots and lots of people never care about, sadly.

Ask her to go for Moto G71 5G, bro.
[1] Moto has clean software, like I explained above.
[2] Moto has long life span. I am talking from my experience, MI3 died in 14 months, Moto 1 Power is going strong till now for 5+ years. (But still ask her to use TG as well as a case, as this phone has plastic frame and not metal (Not sure, but even GSMArena didn't show this info).
[3] Moto has more 5G bands, which will help getting 5G not just near window or just in terrace or say only one room in whole house having 5G coverage., comparing single 5G band phones from even 1+. Since she wants to use it for long time, the regretting later will be much more painful, imho. Just imagine changing modes to 4G preferred when entering home and selecting "5G/4G Auto" when leaving home without forgetting DAILY for those 4 years.
[4] Moto SD phones generally allows GCam for taking better photos.
[5] I will NEVER EVER recommend any Chinese phones (except Moto) for Ladies in general, as most of their stock apps are suspicious, having permission to use all cameras (incl front) as well as mic in both foreground as well as background, whenever they want. I am NOT saying, they are doing this just for fun. but they are forced to do so, by you know who. (Ask any Army person you know, for the reason). There is a reason Govt banned lots of Mi's own Apps. For Girls, my order of preference in recommending is Pixels > iPhones > Samsung > Motorola > Rooted and Stock ROM flashed Chinese phones.

Finally, If going to use the phone for 4 years, 5G phone is better (waiting for few months will be still better). But if she can't wait (like say, due to bad condition of current phone), ask her to go for Moto G71 now.

Moto G71 speciality. Band lock without root if you are on Android 11. It was available in last years Moto 5G phones as well which is now disabled after Android updates. I use Moto phones only so I can comment on that. Moto is pure stock Android. Performance is pretty great for day to day usage. Battery life on Motorola device is pretty incredible to be honest. See following screenshot. For signal reception and CA, currently Motorola and OnePlus are best(even though Realme GT/GT 2 Pro, Xiaomi 12 Pro, Xiaomi 11T Pro are beast as well). Second screenshot is Airtel Patna from same phone G71(Ankit Kumar on YouTube, you can follow him for all network related things, he is expert in that field). 400Mbps. Do you even need 5G? Camera is bad on Moto with stock camera app, but if you can install GCam then it will be a huge improvement. There is no micro sd card slot in this device. If you get it at 14499 today, it will be best purchase of the year. And phone will easily last you for three years.
TCqtOgz.jpg

m5m9ejX.jpg

Last edited:
Don't buy 4G phone now. 5G will be launched within next five months at least in big cities and next year it will be huge deployment of n78. So Realme 9 4G is out of question. Don't buy Realme 9 Pro 5G as well as it is not so good value for money. No CA, no camera, pretty bad hardware for the price.

For camera and huge media consumption, get Realme 9 Pro Plus at 18999 if its available(It was available few days back with card discount). Only downside of that phone is no microsd card slot. Best camera under 30K, battery life is incredible due to Dimensity 920, software support is good too. Performance is good too. 2CA on Airtel and Vi(I don't know about Jio, so have no idea). N78 is covered I guess. There will be Realme 10 Pro Plus with Dimensity 930/1080/8100 by Diwali but that will be costing 30K at least. This phone at 19-22K is beast. At launch price was huge, now price is dropped in sales. So 18999 for 6+128GB or 21999 for 8+256GB. Blind purchase for what your sister needs.

Hardware supports it bro, but Moto has enabled only 13 bands which are good enough for India and Europe and UAE. And that's enough. Moto can enable it through software updates but they won't do it as they do it in USA as per carrier. In US, CA is also enabled by software update. Google Pixel 6 enabled 4CA-5CA on AT&T through software update. One Plus 10 Pro got software update and it now supports 6CA. Moto Edge+ 2022 got software update and now it supports 7CA on Verizon.
When I enter the hidden network engineering mode on my Moto Edge 30 through *#*#4636#*#* it shows me this list of enabled bands for LTE, 5G NR in Standalone and non-standalone modes. Do you have an idea why it shows bands which moto says it doesn't support?
jl5XAL1.png

Nord CE supports 3CA by default. Use it on Vi and Airtel. It supports almost all combinations in India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock