Discussion Smartphones supporting Carrier aggregation

xjFmkRG.jpg

I have Vivo V15 pro. What's n78. I don't see it.

xjFmkRG.jpg

I have Vivo V15 pro. What's n78. I don't see it.
It's a 4G only phone. As far as Mumbai is concerned, this phone just supports 40C on Jio and Airtel. No other combination. In Bangalore, at some places, Airtel is choked. So don't know what's the condition now. You can upgrade to 5G phone if you want better speeds. This phone won't give better speeds Vi. But you can port to Jio which will surely have 5G before the end of the year resulting in better speeds on your current device.

Avoid buying Vivo phones if you want better speeds on wireless. Vivo V23 supports only 1+3. Vivo X80 Pro does support only 40C at cost of 80K.

Last edited:
It's a 4G only phone. As far as Mumbai is concerned, this phone just supports 40C on Jio and Airtel. No other combination. In Bangalore, at some places, Airtel is choked. So don't know what's the condition now. You can upgrade to 5G phone if you want better speeds. This phone won't give better speeds Vi. But you can port to Jio which will surely have 5G before the end of the year resulting in better speeds on your current device.

Avoid buying Vivo phones if you want better speeds on wireless. Vivo V23 supports only 1+3. Vivo X80 Pro does support only 40C at cost of 80K.
My Vivo V15 pro looks ok now but what would be best 5g phone in the current market for buying.

My Vivo V15 pro looks ok now but what would be best 5g phone in the current market for buying.
Under 20K, without a doubt Moto G82/G71. Moto G62 is coming with same chipset, just LCD display. All the three phones are equally powerful because of same chipset. They are basically same phone with minor changes between them. Using G71 since long. So I know how good it is. iQOO Z5 and Z6 Pro are pretty powerful phones. But support only two 5G bands. Motorola support 13 5G Bands. Future proof. Stock Android is ❤️.

If you don't care about indoor coverage on 5G, then under 30K
1. Realme GT Neo 3(In sales this comes around 29K, 80Watt and 5000 battery variant). Best phone according to me.
2. Moto Edge 30(Battery is little low but apart from that everything great).
3. Moto Edge 20 Pro(Little old but pretty beast in everything, will get only one update now, that's why kept on number 3)
4. Realme GT Neo 2(Beast phone after 5G is launched, camera is the only sacrifice you have to make, not that bad but its only thing worse as compared to competitors).
5. iQOO Neo 6/iQOO 9 SE. Pretty powerful devices but for battery life, I will ask you to buy Neo 6. Incredible battery life.
6. Even though I like OnePlus as a whole, I don't recommend OnePlus due to poor software update policy off late. You can look for OnePlus Nord 2T or you can wait for One Plus Nord 3 as well.
7. Avoid A52s/S20 FE 5G as well.
8. Check out price of Xiaomi 11T Pro as well. You cannot go wrong with that phone as well. Pretty good for 29-33K.

Between 30-50K again there are lots of choices.
1. iQOO 9T(Powerful beast with 3 years of OS updates).
2. iQOO 9, but prefer iQOO 9T by increasing budget.
3. Motorola Edge 30 Pro, camera is the weakest part, otherwise pretty much beast in 5G and 4G+ and performance and battery. Stock Android is ❤️.
4. Tested One Plus 10T for two weeks now. Pretty beast except camera. Cannot say anything about software updates.
5. Oppo Reno 8 Pro is pretty beast overall except OIS(Get only if you get in 40-41K in offline market).
6. Vivo X80. Beast performance beast camera. Beast design. But bad software. Dimensity has improved leaps and bounds.
7. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Avoid this phone, but you can rely on Samsung software any day. Lost phone because of use of Exynos.
8. Realme GT 2 Pro, overall great phone in my opinion.

Under 20K, without a doubt Moto G82/G71. Moto G62 is coming with same chipset, just LCD display. All the three phones are equally powerful because of same chipset. They are basically same phone with minor changes between them. Using G71 since long. So I know how good it is. iQOO Z5 and Z6 Pro are pretty powerful phones. But support only two 5G bands. Motorola support 13 5G Bands. Future proof. Stock Android is ❤️.

If you don't care about indoor coverage on 5G, then under 30K
1. Realme GT Neo 3(In sales this comes around 29K, 80Watt and 5000 battery variant). Best phone according to me.
2. Moto Edge 30(Battery is little low but apart from that everything great).
3. Moto Edge 20 Pro(Little old but pretty beast in everything, will get only one update now, that's why kept on number 3)
4. Realme GT Neo 2(Beast phone after 5G is launched, camera is the only sacrifice you have to make, not that bad but its only thing worse as compared to competitors).
5. iQOO Neo 6/iQOO 9 SE. Pretty powerful devices but for battery life, I will ask you to buy Neo 6. Incredible battery life.
6. Even though I like OnePlus as a whole, I don't recommend OnePlus due to poor software update policy off late. You can look for OnePlus Nord 2T or you can wait for One Plus Nord 3 as well.
7. Avoid A52s/S20 FE 5G as well.
8. Check out price of Xiaomi 11T Pro as well. You cannot go wrong with that phone as well. Pretty good for 29-33K.

Between 30-50K again there are lots of choices.
1. iQOO 9T(Powerful beast with 3 years of OS updates).
2. iQOO 9, but prefer iQOO 9T by increasing budget.
3. Motorola Edge 30 Pro, camera is the weakest part, otherwise pretty much beast in 5G and 4G+ and performance and battery. Stock Android is ❤️.
4. Tested One Plus 10T for two weeks now. Pretty beast except camera. Cannot say anything about software updates.
5. Oppo Reno 8 Pro is pretty beast overall except OIS(Get only if you get in 40-41K in offline market).
6. Vivo X80. Beast performance beast camera. Beast design. But bad software. Dimensity has improved leaps and bounds.
7. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Avoid this phone, but you can rely on Samsung software any day. Lost phone because of use of Exynos.
8. Realme GT 2 Pro, overall great phone in my opinion.
Thank you so much for the details bro

what would be best 5g phone in the current market for buying
I would suggest you to wait for few months (at least till Diwali, but better till 2023 begining). Most if not ALL current 5G phones don't support 26GHz mmWave band (even latest Indian iPhones -- Only US iPhones support mmWave), afaik. Almost same applies to Band28B support as well.

If you are in Metro or any big city, both these bands are must, apart from N78 (which almost all phones support). If you are in Tier 2 city or town, then 5G may reach only by that time.

Instead of buying a new 5G phone NOW and later regret the same by feeling, "Must have waited few more months", as the waiting will be worth it, imho.

I would suggest you to wait for few months (at least till Diwali, but better till 2023 begining). Most if not ALL current 5G phones don't support 26GHz mmWave band (even latest Indian iPhones -- Only US iPhones support mmWave), afaik. Almost same applies to Band28B support as well.

If you are in Metro or any big city, both these bands are must, apart from N78 (which almost all phones support). If you are in Tier 2 city or town, then 5G may reach only by that time.

Instead of buying a new 5G phone NOW and later regret the same by feeling, "Must have waited few more months", as the waiting will be worth it, imho.
5G is not even reaching to tier 2/3 towns even after one year. If that happens, I will be most surprised person. Airtel has given contract of 20000 only in cities. Jio has given contract of 100000 to Ericsson+Nokia+Samsung. So waiting till perfect 5G phone launches, is not good idea. Generally these 5G phones have good CA capabilities. You will get good CA on those devices even on 4G. If you are recharging monthly then you can recharge once to try out 5G. I am sure 10GB/day for 28 days 5G plans will be backwards compatible on 4G. So you can try that out for month. You won't regret as not many people will shift to 5G due to extra premium nature of 5G. 5G prices will drop down to 4G levels in 2025 only when coverage is blanket and then people will start using 5G. Otherwise its battery drain in my opinion.

Not a single phone supports mmWave phone in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock