Seeking Help Should I move to Railwire?

I would say to take railwire as you will get promised speeds even though there might be few downtimes and captcha issues (attachig my speedtest of 60Mbps Plan) {FUP 60Mbps - 2000GB (₹588/month)}
HxbMlXI.jpg

Last edited:
It's port is throttled at 100 Mbps. That would be the maximum combined speed. If you are using 5 Ghz band on a single device, yes you should get up to 100 Mbps.
Right.
But even after recharging with 150 mbps plan, I am only getting a maximum of 50 mbps. Which means I am not even getting 50% of the promised speed. I wouldn't have bothered even if I was getting 100mbps with 150mbps plan or 50mbps with 75mbps plan. But what I am getting is too low.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

My subscription expires today. I will not recharge for the time being. I have already placed a complaint regarding the speed. Let's see. If they provide a router upgrade for free and it fixes the speed, then I will continue with them. Otherwise I will move to Railwire.

I would say to take railwire as you will get promised speeds even though there might be few downtimes and captcha issues (attachig my speedtest of 60Mbps Plan) {FUP 60Mbps - 2000GB (₹588/month)}
HxbMlXI.jpg
Could you please do one test through Fast.com as well?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

My subscription expires today. I will not recharge for the time being. I have already placed a complaint regarding the speed. Let's see. If they provide a router upgrade for free and it fixes the speed, then I will continue with them. Otherwise I will move to Railwire.
1 suggession
Can u try by changing DNS
Another

After changing reboot router and check speeds..

In my case sometimes I get the intended speed on Ookla Speedtest. But through other Speedtest sites it shows the actual speed which I am getting while using the internet (streaming, downloading, etc).
I think they have set it up such that it shows the plan's promised speeds while doing Speedtest through Ookla. While throttling everything else.

1 suggession
Can u try by changing DNS
Another

After changing reboot router and check speeds..
Tried changing it via TP-Link advanced settings > DHCP Settings > DNS Server

No change in speed.

In my case sometimes I get the intended speed on Ookla Speedtest. But through other Speedtest sites it shows the actual speed which I am getting while using the internet (streaming, downloading, etc).
I think they have set it up such that it shows the plan's promised speeds while doing Speedtest through Ookla. While throttling everything else.
I just downloaded a 1GB file from Test Files and i am getting the promised speeds.
2XBQJeF.jpg

Asked a few neighbours about it.
One of them told that they used to get only 10-20 mbps with 50 mbps plan. Now they have stopped recharging.
And the other people that I asked are not that tech savvy. They don't know about speeds and stuff. They just said that it's good and handles their daily Social media and YouTube needs fine.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock