• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Savouring bubbles of a different kind

Bapun Raz

Quarantino
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Washington, Feb 8: The world is full of strange incidents and even stranger people. An instance of another such weird existence is a 19-year old girl in the USA who is addicted to eating soaps and detergent powders.

According to reports of the Daily Mail, the girl called Tempestt Henderson eats up to five soap bars a week and not to forget some washing powder as well. Currently she is under treatment for this addiction.

Doctors refer to this toxic compulsion as a rare medical condition that causes hunger for non-nutritive substances. People suffering from this ailment are known to compulsively eat batteries, coins, chalks, metals, toothbrushes.

The girl was quoted as saying, "In the shower, I like to lather up a green bar of soap, and lick the bubbles. And as the soap disintegrates, I pop a tiny amount of the soap into my mouth and suck it. It's heavenly."

She added, "I love the clean feeling it gives me. Eating soap feels so much cleaner than just washing with it."

According to psychologists, Tempestt resorts to soap eating as a coping mechanism when to comfort herself when she found herself away from her family.

As a part of her treatment she is being asked to go for long walks and avoid places like bathrooms and laundrettes, where soap is normally found.

OneIndia News

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S OTF Exclusive Snapshots from Different Channels of IPL 2019 in Outside India Sports 5
S Subscription rate of different popular OTT platforms Digital Streaming Contents 1
S MNP rules becomes quicker, simpler - 2 days for same circle and 4 days for different circles Telecom Services 13
Bapun Raz Sad News All Garib Rath trains getting replaced with different ones which has costlier ticket charges! Travel & Tourism 5
Optimus_Prime Discussion Plan & Pricing of Different Streaming apps Digital Streaming Contents 90
N Seeking Help Should the new Linux and Ubuntu be installed on the same drive as Windows or different drive ? Computers & Hardware 16
V Viacom18 will build a suite of different offerings under the brand Voot Digital Streaming Contents 0
H WhatsApp tweaks SMS authentication, makes using different number easy Mobiles & Accessories 0
R UEFA to use different ball at Euro 2016 Football 0
R Yuvraj hits a different six: Sixth IPL batsman to be out hit-wicket Cricket 0
Anup Tiwari what is different and profit micro and mini SIM? Mobiles & Accessories 3
Anup Tiwari D for daru P for piyo has a different twist too General Topics 13
Bishnu15 ODI Cricket Captains & Vice Captains of Different Countries Cricket 5
D Dual-Screen YotaPhone Review: It's Different Mobiles & Accessories 0
D Here’s a magical tree that produces 40 different types of fruit General Topics 0
S Now, smartphone that folds in to different shapes Mobiles & Accessories 0
Basil You'll see a different me in World T20: Suresh Raina Cricket 0
mmadhankumar Samsung Galaxy S4 now available in seven different colours Mobiles & Accessories 0
K 3 different captains for india ? ? ? Cricket 5
S How Write in Different languages in ms office Computers & Hardware 2
B What are All Those Different Document Formats in Word, and Why Would I Use Them? Computers & Hardware 1
B Windows 8 and Lion: Different Takes on Computing's Next Steps Computers & Hardware 0
Bapun Raz Test your theme in different resolutions Computers & Hardware 0