Samsung Galaxy M51

Well, I was not clear, since I hurriedly tried to post this info here. I should have told, "A71 is a better option for me then". I prefer vfm phones with min 2CA. I am currently using Poco F1 and Moto One Power, both with 2CA, for the last 2 years.

I too agree that the people eyeing M51, may not care much about CA.

Guys! How Many Major OS Upgrades For M51??

And Security Patch For How Many Years?

Give Me Few Reasons To Buy This Over Nord?

Guys! How Many Major OS Upgrades For M51??

And Security Patch For How Many Years?

Give Me Few Reasons To Buy This Over Nord?
Only reason to buy it over nord is better battery and better camera in photos otherwise in every aspect nord is better.

@Vadirocks M51 is kinda mix of Samsung A and M series. Advantages of Samsung M51 over Nord.
[1] M51 comes with AltZ life / Secure Folder powered by Knox. This is number one reason for me to go for Samsung phones.
[2] Bigger 7000mAh battery and obviously better battery life.
[3] Better cameras, both back & front.
[4] M51 has Plastic frame + Plastic back. Nord has Glass back, but with plastic frame, a bad combination, imho (explaination below)
[5] Slightly bigger Super AMOLED+ screen (no pentile matrix afaik). 6.7" vs 6.44"
[6] Has dedicated SD card slot for further storage expansion.
[7] Has 3.5mm audio jack and even FM Radio.
[8] Single punch hole selfie cam, instead of Pill shaped dual front cameras, which is an eye-sore, imho.
[9] M51 is non-chinese phone, if you care..

Reg. Frame and back of smartphones:-
Metal is for sturdy and is the best for frames as well as back. Its Only con is heavy.
Plastic looks cheap, but slightly flexible and non-fragile and light-weight. Best for phone back and still usable in frames.
Glass looks premium, but fragile and not at all sturdy, has heft as well (comparing plastic). Glass is OK for backs and obviously can't be used for Frame.

MetalFrame + MetalBack > MetalFrame + PlasticBack >> MetalFrame + GlassBack >= PlasticFrame + PlasticBack >> PlasticFrame + GlassBack

Plastic frame + Glass back is a terrible combination. Because the flexibility advantage of plastic frame is going to kill glass back faster than metal frame, when phone falls on ground and the direct impact is on the frame.

This is the reason I am using Samsung Note 10 Lite and S10 Lite, as they both have metal frame + plastic back combination. I really miss the metal back combo of my current backup phone Moto One Power.

To be fair, here are the advantages of 1+ Nord over M51.
[1] Relatively Compact phone.
[2] Has LTE-CA (3CA, if I am not wrong) and M51 has none.
[3] Screen with 90Hz refresh rate.
[4] SD765 vs SD730G. Better performance + unsure 5G support.
[5] UltraWide selfie / Groupie front camera, even though its just 8MPx.

Things that are EQUAL, imho:-
[1] WiFi ac support.
[2] Capable Fast charger in box. (25W === 30W)
[3] Fast fingerprint scanner (Side === in-display) wrt speed and accuracy.
[4] Good SW experience. (O2 === OneUI) [Even O2 OS 11, inspired a lot from OneUI]
[5] Dual VoLTE for all operators, incl BSNL.

I think, I have confused you more than giving you clarity. But I recommend you to get through infos, before opening your wallet...

Last edited:
@Vadirocks M51 is kinda mix of Samsung A and M series. Advantages of Samsung M51 over Nord.
[1] M51 comes with AltZ life / Secure Folder powered by Knox. This is number one reason for me to go for Samsung phones.
[2] Bigger 7000mAh battery and obviously better battery life.
[3] Better cameras, both back & front.
[4] M51 has Plastic frame + Plastic back. Nord has Glass back, but with plastic frame, a bad combination, imho (explaination below)
[5] Slightly bigger Super AMOLED+ screen (no pentile matrix afaik). 6.7" vs 6.44"
[6] Has dedicated SD card slot for further storage expansion.
[7] Has 3.5mm audio jack and even FM Radio.
[8] Single punch hole selfie cam, instead of Pill shaped dual front cameras, which is an eye-sore, imho.
[9] M51 is non-chinese phone, if you care..

Reg. Frame and back of smartphones:-
Metal is for sturdy and is the best for frames as well as back. Its Only con is heavy.
Plastic looks cheap, but slightly flexible and non-fragile and light-weight. Best for phone back and still usable in frames.
Glass looks premium, but fragile and not at all sturdy, has heft as well (comparing plastic). Glass is OK for backs and obviously can't be used for Frame.

MetalFrame + MetalBack > MetalFrame + PlasticBack >> MetalFrame + GlassBack >= PlasticFrame + PlasticBack >> PlasticFrame + GlassBack

Plastic frame + Glass back is a terrible combination. Because the flexibility advantage of plastic frame is going to kill glass back faster than metal frame.

This is the reason I am using Samsung Note 10 Lite and S10 Lite, as they both have metal frame + plastic back combination. I really miss the metal back combo of my current backup phone Moto One Power.

To be fair, here are the advantages of 1+ Nord over M51.
[1] Relatively Compact phone.
[2] Has LTE-CA (3CA, if I am not wrong) and M51 has none.
[3] Screen with 90Hz refresh rate.
[4] SD765 vs SD730G. Better performance + unsure 5G support.
[5] UltraWide selfie / Groupie front camera, even though its just 8MPx.

Things that are EQUAL, imho:-
[1] WiFi ac support.
[2] Capable Fast charger in box. (25W === 30W)
[3] Fast fingerprint scanner (Side === in-display) wrt speed and accuracy.
[4] Good SW experience. (O2 === OneUI) [Even O2 OS 11, inspired a lot from OneUI]
[5] Dual VoLTE for all operators, incl BSNL.

I think, I have confused you more than giving you clarity. But I recommend you to get through infos, before opening your wallet...
Bro I disagree with One UI vs O2 OS. O2 is much better at least if we compare with M51 and Nord. Nord processor and Video recording is better.

Last edited:
O2 11 is no longer the O2 we all knew about, so that can be debatable..
I will compare that once my nord receive that update. Atleast O2 does not have bloatware or useless apps and not push random notifications like m51 oneui.

Atleast O2 does not have bloatware or useless apps
The OP8 series had a certain Facebook Services bloatware that couldn't be uninstalled. They removed that with the Op8T launch, but we have to be beware, O2 is no longer the O2 we all knew and loved. Things are changing very dynamically... From moving away from stock-ish look to look more like yet another custom ROM...

The OP8 series had a certain Facebook Services bloatware that couldn't be uninstalled. They removed that with the Op8T launch, but we have to be beware, O2 is no longer the O2 we all knew and loved. Things are changing very dynamically... From moving away from stock-ish look to look more like yet another custom ROM...
I am talking about current situation and I will not consider Facebook as bloatware or even if we consider I am comparing software of Nord and M51 as I said in my earlier post too. I can easily say currently nord has one of the cleanest UI under 30K. With initial setup of M51 I was bombarded with bloatwares like snapchat, some useless games, daily hunt etc but when I Setup Nord I did not got these apps.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock