Good News Rupay shines! From limited presence in 2013 to capturing half of market now; 3 reasons behind stellar rise

Reaction score
In a big boost to the Modi government, Rupay, homegrown card payment network, which constituted just 0.6 percent in market share in 2013, now controls half of the segment, ahead of Visa, Mastercard and other players combined. The transaction through RuPay card rose to Rs 2,347 crore till May 2018 from Rs 1,929 crore at the end of March 2018. The RuPay cards can be used at 1.45 lakhs ATMs, 26.14 lakhs POS terminals and various e-commerce websites across the length and breadth of the country.
More than 459 million transactions, constituting more than half of total transactions, are being made in India using RuPay. In June last year, Rupay became the largest payment card network, piping VISA, when it touched the base of 375 million transactions.

Rupay shines! From limited presence in 2013 to capturing half of market now; 3 reasons behind stellar rise

Yes Its really a good news that Indian gateways given more preferance than foreign gateways. It will also reduce the sharing of our data to foreign countries..

Did you read the whole post carefully or blindly posting as hate speech against modi??

Note: I am not a supporter of modi but still appreciate some good works.

Last edited:
Its sad that still most sites doesn't accept RuPay cards yet.

Too many to remember. I have to visit each and every site to reverify as many sites have now started supporting. Back in the day even major sites like Amazon and Ebay didn't support rupay cards.

Too many to remember. I have to visit each and every site to reverify as many sites have now started supporting. Back in the day even major sites like Amazon and Ebay didn't support rupay cards.
I am using Rupay in Amazon from more than a year.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock