Rovio to launch racing-themed 'Angry Birds Heikki'

ssparikshya

Reaction score
After slinging the upset birds at the green pigs in outer space, get ready for a new, high-speed adventure with the Angry Birds. Makers of the popular Angry Birds series, Rovio is all set for the next iteration of the game called Angry Birds Heikki. Based on F1 racing, Angry Birds Heikki is expected to release on June 18.

Details of the new game are bit sketchy, except that it will be a web-based one. Rovio says the game will have “fun Angry Birds game levels with a racing theme in addition to other bespoke content”. Rovio has partnered with Finnish Formula 1 star Heikki Kovalainen, who will also be sporting a brand new co-branded Angry Birds helmet. The Finnish game developer has also set up a website featuring Angry Birds Heikki's preview.

"It's the first time that I've partnered with a gaming company, and it fits with my larger focus on partnering with unique brands," Kovalainen said in a statement. "As a Finn, I'm also happy to be backing a Finnish company on a global platform. Most importantly, I'm a big Angry Birds fan!"

Rovio's Angry Birds have continued to break records one after another. The latest, Angry Birds Space, hit 50 million downloads in just 35 days of launch. Rovio is now coming up with a new physics-based game called Amazing Alex.

Angry%20Birds%20promoted%20on%20Heikki%20Kovalainen's%20official%20Facebook%20fan%20page.jpg

Angry Birds on Heikki Kovalainen's official Facebook fan page

Digit

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock