Robin Peterson retires from all forms of international cricket

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Robin Peterson, the South African all-rounder, has announced retirement from all formats of the game. The 37-year-old, who doubled up as a handy left-arm spinner and a lower-order hitter, has represented South Africa in 15 Tests, 37 One-Day Internationals (ODI) and 21 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) over the course of his career that began in 2002.

Peterson made his foray into the international stage in the tense semifinal of the Champions Trophy in September 2002 against India before finding himself in the Test side just six months later in Bangladesh. Peterson picked up 38 wickets in the longest format of the game and just one short of a 100 scalps in limited-overs cricket.

"It is with mixed emotions and fond memories that I would like to announce my retirement from professional cricket," Peterson said on Wednesday (November 9). "It's been an incredible journey with so many people that have supported and encouraged me along the way. First and foremost I'd like to thank all my team-mates for all the special memories they've helped create along the way, as well as all the coaches that have played a role in my development and as mentors throughout my career.

"I'd like to thank Eastern Province and Warriors cricket for giving me an opportunity and seeing something in me that I didn't think existed, and Cobras Cricket for the wonderful years I've spent down In Cape Town. I'd also like to thank the VKB Knights for allowing me into their space and for the management at Free State cricket that have handled my decision with impeccable professionalism and a human touch.

"To the fans I'd like to say a special thanks for always making me proud to represent you guys while representing the Proteas and our wonderful country. I'd like to thank my agent Arthur Turner for all his support too.

"Lastly I'd like to mention my family for their unwavering support and love shown throughout my career and introducing me to a game I'll continue to love forever. It's been an exciting journey for me and I'm looking forward to creating more wonderful memories pursuing other interests while spending time with my wife Portia and son Harper."

Robin Peterson retires from all forms of international cricket - Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock