Rising Pune Supergiant, Gujarat Lions not to get extension: Rajeev Shukla

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla categorically said that if the tournament becomes a 10-team affair, then Rising Pune Supergiant and Gujarat Lions might have to go through a fresh bidding process after the two suspended franchises from Chennai and Rajasthan return next year.

"Next year, as per the Supreme Court order, the two suspended teams would be back. The issue of whether eight or 10 teams, will come up at the IPL GC meeting. So far the plan is to go ahead with eight teams. A 10-team league has to be endorsed by the GC. As of today, no extension is being given to both the teams [RPS and Lions]. The agreement was only for two years.

Rising Pune Supergiant, Gujarat Lions not to get extension: Rajeev Shukla - Cricbuzz

I want both teams in next IPL season:nj
It is already happened in IPL from 2011-13 , 10 teams:)

Surely bro they would be there, BCCI is doing so to earn more money fresh bidding would be done for 2 teams that would give them crores of rupees as earning.

khepacheley said:
If it becomes a 10 team tournament the. IPL would end in June.

That's the reason BCCI wants Only 8 teams to play ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
khepacheley said:
If it becomes a 10 team tournament the. IPL would end in June.

In IPL 2011 there were 10 teams but season completed in right duration;)

SarfaRaZ said:
That time 11 matches played per team :k

14 matches played insted of 18 matches, not 11;)

That season the IPL was divided into two groups of 5 teams each.
Each team played all the 4 teams from its groups 2 times (home and away) and once the other 4 teams from the other group and the remaining team from the other group twice.

I personally found the format too confusing and I believe it wasn't too popular with the fans as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock