[Review] - Ordered Lenovo A7000 today

• Thread starter Thread starter M.J.Sadiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 32
  • Views Views: Views 4,566
RE: Ordered Lenovo A7000 today

Sadiq bro, what happened no more reviews about Lenovo 7000 still is it working fine and performance vice how many marks would you give compare to samsung.

RE: Ordered Lenovo A7000 today

Here the review is

Look and Feel: 8/10
It is very slim. Though the display size is 5.5" it is fitting very will in the hand and better to hold while talking and browsing the features. But sometimes it is slipping from hand due the its slim design. I bought one transparent back cover after fitting it the phone is not slipping from hand. But the phone will no more be slim.

Display and Clarity: 7/10
The display is 720p but I am not finding any difference between my Samsung Galaxy S II which is full HD display. But the color production is different. I can see some slight change in the color. I confirmed it by checking the icon color of What's App and TapaTalk which I am using frequently.

Processing Speed (RAM/Processor): 9.5/10
The RAM size is 2 GB and almost 1 GB is available at any time after installing apps and with limited apps running in the background. When running some more apps, the available RAM is around 850 MB which is also better.

Processor is Octa-Core Media Tek. Though some people (including my brother) not recommended Media Tek, I have chosen it and till now not finding any problems.

The phone accessibility is good because of the processor and RAM. Till date (15 days after purchase), the phone didn't get heat at any time. I tried playing a default game available in the phone for at least 15 minutes and phone was not getting heat. I am not giving 10 marks since I need to check with more games.

Storage: 7/10
The phone comes with an internal storage of 8 GB. Around 3.5 GB is occupied by the OS. After installing few apps and setting the default write memory as SD card, around 2 GB is now available for installing more Apps.

There is an option available to set the default write memory to SD card which is saving all the data in the SD card including What's App media (images/videos/audios). In my Samsung Galaxy S II the What's App media will always be stored in phone memory.

But, the internal memory could have been given as 16 GB with same price. Their recent phone A6000 plus is coming with 16GB with the price of Rs.7499/- which is Rs.500/- more than the initial price of A6000. So, they could have released A7000 with another variant of 16GB may be with Rs.500 extra.

I think soon, I will go out of memory if I am installing more apps. But there is an option to move apps to SD card. May be this will help to keep some internal memory available. We can extend the SD card up to 32 GB and right now I have 16 GB card.

The phone also supports OTG to connect external USB devices. I tried connecting a 4GB pen drive and transferred the files. But when I tried connecting my 1 TB external hard disc, it is not detecting (may be I am expecting a lot).

User Friendliness: 10/10
I am feeling comfortable accessing the features and options without any hassle. The Lollipop 5.0 available in the phone is having most of the quick options including Flash Light in the notification panel itself which I feel good. The lock screen is also having some quick options to go the details of the notification and on going processes. There is also an option to open camera directly from lock screen. The lock screen is also showing quick access to the music player which is also good for me.

Camera: 6/10
The rear camera comes with 8 MP and front camera comes with 5 MP. Both rear and front cameras are not producing good clarity in average lighting conditions.

The rear camera is giving superior quality only during day light. The rear panel is having dual LED flash. So, taking pictures with flash during lower light conditions is improving the quality somehow but still I don't like it. The photo is coming with more pixels that we can see even without zooming the image. Redmi 1S camera is far better than this that I personally checked with same image. My Samsung Galaxy S II which is also having 8 MP rear camera with single LED flash is very very good. Same is the case with Video but we can record full HD video. I yet to check the full HD video. I tried tweaking some camera settings till today (ISO and Strobe) and feeling some improvements. Recently Lenovo pushed an update to improve the rear camera which was mentioned as the key reason for the update when I was receiving the update. This is the third update from them (not only for camera). Overall not satisfied with camera performance.

The front camera is producing good images comparing my Samsung Galaxy SII. But there is a difference in the color production of rear and back camera of A7000.

Audio Quality including Dolby Atmos: 9/10
Audio quality even without Dolby enabled is good. Call quality is good comparing my Samsung Galaxy SII. It is good in phone speaker, loud speaker and headphone.

Google Play Music is the default music player and the audio clarity of the songs is also very good.

Dolby quality is awesome. It is completely changing the default quality of the song to a superior quality. Only drawback is, there is no option to save presets with the tweaked Dolby settings. The last customized setting will be there when you are opening the Dolby option later. But if you want to tweak one point, the rest of the settings are automatically changing which is very bad since I am not able to come back to the last saved setting. I am not sure if this will be fixed by Lenovo. Overall good. I would have given 10 out of 10 if the said problem is not there.

Battery: 9/10
The phone comes with a 2900Mah battery. Starting with 100% battery level, I am able to use the phone for more than 24 hours (including night) with regular usage, some 3G data usage maximum WiFi usage, What's App, TapaTalk and camera usage.

Nice & detailed review sadiq bro. :clap Now what will be recommendation whether A7000 or A6000+:huh

nskaran said:
Nice & detailed review sadiq bro. :clap Now what will be recommendation whether A7000 or A6000+:huh
I recommend both.
A6000+ for storage.
A7000 for battery, processor and display size.

But still, I would have go with A6000+ if that was released earlier. The differences in battery, processor and display are negligible when comparing the internal storage difference.

Back
Top Bottom